Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doug2344  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:44:13 AM(UTC)
doug2344

Groups: Registered

Hi,

My Maytag dryer, DE712, runs and heats in the timed cycle only. I have checked the continuity of all sensors that I can find, and they all seem to be OK. I pulled the timer apart, and it is very simple inside, no contacts seem to be burned or pitted.

I have been told that the timer is probably the problem, but I am not so sure. With the contacts all appearing OK I suspect something else. Why would the one cycle work but the automatic sensor cycles not work if the timer was not working ? The motor seems to work, because the
timer will rotate the knob during the timed cycle.

It would seem as if there is something in the auto sensor side of the unit.

I would prefer an email to my personal address if possible, it is just easier to find.

Thanks, Doug
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:37:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Doug,

It's hard to say what is wrong without the wiring diagram which is not available online due to age of the dryer. If you do have one and can post it, it might help.

Gene.
doug2344  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 3:33:19 AM(UTC)
doug2344

Hi Gene,

I have the wiring diagram that came with the machine. How would I get that into the computer without a scanner ? I have a multi-function printer with a fax function. Could that be used to scan the diagram into the computer and then be able to send it in an email ?

I have to think that there is something in the sensor circuit that has opened up. I have looked at the circuit board, but do not find anything that is obviously burned or damaged.

Thanks, Doug
doug2344  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 3:50:45 PM(UTC)
doug2344

Hi Gene,

I have been able to scan the Electrical Wiring Diagram and the Ladder Diagram for the Maytag DE172. They use Dell Image Expert program to make the scanned image. I can only hope that whatever software you have, that the file will be compatible.

I do not see any way to attach the two files that I now have. Can you send me an email or some mode of contact that I can attach these two files. I tried a copy and paste of this image file, but that did not work.

Thanks again, Doug
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply