Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bkvanbek  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 5:16:43 PM(UTC)
bkvanbek

Groups: Registered

I bought used a Kitchen Aid Classic Commercial Style Dual Fuel Convection Range KDRP462. Cleaned well and hooked it up today. All burners including grill burner work fine. Oven does nothing.
The two knobs and display that control the oven appear to work properly as the display changes with the knob settings. But the oven does not heat. The 110v and 220v power supply makes it fine to the first board inside. I checked for loose wires, plugs, melted connections and so on, found nothing.
With a multi-tester I had next to no resistance through the thermal fuse. The main heating element had about 28 ohms and the broiler about 20. I verified I have 244v going between the two legs of the plug.

Any help would be much appreciated. There is a two wire plug on the back that I do not know what it is for, I though diagnostic, but I think codes may come up on the digital display, none do.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:18:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KDRP 462 models | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual that should be close to your unit.
http://appliancedigest.c...tion-oven-service-manual
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

See the attachment for the tech sheet

And finally here is a good link with info on checking the oven sensor, see 7, 8, 20 and 21.
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html

I do not know what the plug at the back is, perhaps it is the WISP connector used in manufacturing see the Oven Schematic in the tech sheet.
Try tracing the wires.

Check the temperature sensor perhaps the unit thinks it is already at set point temperature so it does not heat up.

Your broil element seems low resistance the tech sheets shows it as 45 to 55 ohms but I cannot see how this would effect the turning on of the elements.

Everything else you list seems OK so next on the list would be a bad control board.
File Attachment(s):
KDRP462.pdf (521kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply