Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
indoorairpro  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:34:40 AM(UTC)
indoorairpro

Groups: Registered

When machine goes into rinse cycle it does not seam to be spinning at full speed andis making a fast clicking metal to metal sound.

I opened machine and removed motor then put harness back on and turned it on, It spins and looks like it is going full speed but ther is a noise similair but not exactly the same as what I heard when in machine.

The coupling is not broken and I can turn transmission by hand to a point but then it stops. Before I invenst in a motor I want to make sure transmission is good. Is it normal for it only to go to a certain point and stop when turning by hand. Once it stops if I turn the other wya it will go back to a point and stop.

I was going to try to take out transmission but I cant get the spanner nut loose to get at it and dont want to damage anything. I am guessing there is a special tool for this although the manual says to use a hammer and screwdriver. machine is 20 years old and would buy new one if I had the funds but dont. Any input would be helpful
thanks

I have fixeed this machine before and have the original whirlpool repair manual for machine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:02:47 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You probably have bad brake shoes, go to my sticky "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" for complete info on this.
indoorairpro  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
indoorairpro

When I run the motor on the floor with nothing attached it sounds like I am putting marbles in a blender.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 1:02:15 AM(UTC)
richappy

Seems like you have a bad motor.
indoorairpro  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:30:14 AM(UTC)
indoorairpro

I relize i have a bad motor but I am trying to figure out if it is the symptom a another problem hence I install a new motor and kaboom a week later.

I have the entire tranny clutch assembly removed but not broken down. when I turn the tranny clockwise it turns and spindle turns to a point then stops dead.

when I turn it counter clockwise it continues to turn but spindle rotates in one direction and then the other,

does that sound normal?
richappy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:44:37 PM(UTC)
richappy

Normal in agitate. You have bad brake shoes like I told you before, or something jammed it the tub
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply