Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cavymeister  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:02:04 PM(UTC)
cavymeister

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire CRTF1240AS0 front loading clothes washer developed a leak over the past year or so. I just started noticing water coming from under washer after we did laundry. I took the lower front panel off and found that the water was leaking from the tub seal or o-ring that goes around the outer tub. It looked like it would be too much of a chore to replace that so I checked the bolts for tightness and they were all fine. I basically ignored it and would just ocasionally just wipe up the water.

Flash forward to today when I noticed a LOT more water after two loads that were fairly large (a blanket in one and a load of towels in another). I decided to replace the tub seal. After attempting to remove the shock absorber level pins, I had to look for help on that. It sounds like my shocks are bad. I think that the washer has done more shaking since we started noticing the water. I read that the shocks could be causing the leaking as well.

Enough with the back-story. Here are my questions:
1. Am I wrong to assume that on a heavy load, when the shocks are not absorbing the vibrations, the two peices of the tub flex and that's where my water is coming from?
2. I'm looking at ordering up a shock absorber kit, and the tub seal. I figure that if I'm going to go through the hassle of taking it apart, I might as well replace the tub seal (tub is already out of the washer). Is that going to cause me more heartburn/leak more if I replace it as well?
3. Is there anything else I should be doing maintenance wise on a 8+ year old frigidaire front loader while I have it in peices?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.