Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longracing25  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:40:12 PM(UTC)
longracing25

Groups: Registered

I have a GO Potscrubber ,i'm sure "cheap" model...it came with the 1998 modular home I now live in. Basically , it just stopped draining. What id does exactly.....it will fill, run thru wash cycle....and it sounds like it washes ALL the way around the knob....never trying to even drain. I checked down inside the machine for a clog, nothing(usually thats the problem for ANYTHING)...nothing. I took the hose off underneath the sink and actually blew it out....thought maybe there was a clog...nothing.....blew thru fine. I dont have a garbage disposal btw. I turn it manually thru the cycles....and its just wash,wash,wash....it makes the clicks all the way around and even those kinda loader "clunks" or whatever (i believe that is when it supposed to drain or change something...but nothing happens). I looked under it, saw the solenoid, it didnt seem to move any..nothing did as i manually turned the knob. It reminds me of when i had to replace the dryer timer switch. Problem is, the dryer switch...i could look at it and say....yep, some of the little brass things looked broke or worn off. With these timers......the damn things looked sealed....so i cannot tell if its bad....and i think those suckers are over $70......oh, and i'm not sure where the serial number even is??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:27:37 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Longracing25. You will need to test and see if there is power coming to the drain solenoid when the unit goes into drain. If there is power there and the solenoid does not move, you will need to replace the drain solenoid assembly. Here is a link to help you find the model number. Hope this helps. Model Number Locator
longracing25  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:07:08 AM(UTC)
longracing25

I am a little newbie to this. It seems to want to fill, wash,and rinse...just NO drain. I watched underneeth and there is no attempt at the solenoid moving. I want to test it, but not sure how. I do have a standard volt tester or emectical tester from walmart, and i have used it a few times...still. Would i pull the wiring harness off of the solenoid and stick the red and black in each connector to check for power....or is this something where i put a lead on the prongs of the solenoid itself to test flow?....
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:10:36 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hello. Yes, you would remove the connector and insert the test lead probes. The look for voltage coming to the solenoid assembly. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html
longracing25  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:34:04 AM(UTC)
longracing25

Awsome help, Thanks! I checked the solenoid power, and it's getting the power it needs. I'm guessing its the solenoid then? I know a timer switch is pretty darn high so i'm glad its not that. The solenoid is kinda rusty brown looking and i even tried to push it in AND tap on it and nothing. The dishwasher is a GE Potscrubber 650 mod# GSD650X-68BA i believe.
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:36:41 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Sounds like you found it! Replace the solenoid assembly and you should be in business. Let us know how it turns out!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply