Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eblum  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 8:32:13 AM(UTC)
eblum

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if there is a service manual/instructions for replacing the drain pump assembly (part 436440) on this clothes washer. We found an underwire from a bra, several toothpicks, and a baby's bootie in the trap. I though that would fix it but it didn't and then I snaked out the entire drain hose inside and outside the washer after disconnecting it from the trap assembly. That also didn't fix it although there was some gook in there. Now I believe the impeller is stripped (or maybe the motor is weakened from being partially burned out as "someone" decided to just restart the wash cycle several times before telling me there was a problem) as it won't spin/pump on it's own (I can feel a hum as it is trying to spin) unless I take off the cap during a pumping attempt after leaning the washer back and resting it on a bucket and "spin it up" manually with a screwdriver and then shove the cap back on (no, I wouldn't recommend anyone "try this at home " due to possibly getting shocked, and yes it made a bit of a mess and lots of towels/shop-vac were involved). When I spin the impeller around manually, it moves freely and then skips at a certain point, indicating I think that it is skipping on the motor shaft/stripped. Once it is spinning, it is also much louder than before, also indicative I think that it is skipping/stripped.
I am pretty handy and can figure it out the replacement myself just by doing it but I am mostly concerned with what is the best way to get at it (i.e. take off the back of the washer?, do the sides come off?-that would be easiest).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:00:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you look at this Forum you will see we really do not do much with Bosch and I can only suggest you search for a Forum that has a lot of Bosch posts.

Good luck.
eblum  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:09:54 PM(UTC)
eblum

Turns out I don't have to do it at all as the washer is still covered by extended warranty for another year . . . I just have to wait about a week for them to get out here and hope that they actually have the part with them as I already told them what's wrong.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:48:45 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well good, in most cases the extended warranties are not good ideas, but with front load washers they can be.

Good luck, thanks for the update.
eblum  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:30:35 AM(UTC)
eblum

I'm not a big fan of them at all either, but the appliance store gave it to us for free because we noticed a ding in the side of the washer when they delivered it. So, we'll take the warranty service for the free pump even if it means it takes a little longer to actually have it fixed.
jrodriguez  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 8:18:41 PM(UTC)
jrodriguez

well my washer stop doing the drain it won't spin it keeps appearing the E04 and I ready change the drain pump and everything but still not spin I don't know what to do now:confused:
eblum  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 9:01:45 PM(UTC)
eblum

Ours has been working fine for a while now so I'm a little rusty but did you clean out the discharge hoses as well? I know that the hose can get clogged. I snaked the hoses and ran steaming hot water through ours and chunks of hardened soap/fabric softener came out for about 10 minutes.

I would also check all the drainage lines from the drum through to the pump and then to the discharge hose and make sure there isn't something in there blocking things.

If it still won't drain I would clean out all the water with a shop vac and then try to do another cycle and see if it works. It's possible they can get a little jammed and don't want to drain without starting a whole new cycle. You can also check if the pump is getting activated during the attempted drain cycle (any kind of humming/pumping sound). That was how I determined that our pump was bad because it was activating and I could hear humming but nothing was actually being pumped.

Otherwise I think you need to get a technician to come in and check the diagnostic codes which will tell them exactly what the problem is because it is probably something electronic like a bad circuit board or connection somewhere. The technician codes are more detailed than just the E04 code and I don't recall if consumers can get a hold of the code process/references-I know I searched around for it for a while but never found it.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply