Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
msbee03  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:09:39 AM(UTC)
msbee03

Groups: Registered

I am working on a Kenmore Pro and there is power and lights all ulluminated on the freezer side, but on the refrigerator side the control panel and none of the lights ullumiminate, but refrigerator is cooling. I am thinking it is something bad with the main ctrl board. Am I on the right track or is there something else I should be looking at?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:17:41 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: msbee03 Go to Quoted Post
I am working on a Kenmore Pro and there is power and lights all ulluminated on the freezer side, but on the refrigerator side the control panel and none of the lights ullumiminate, but refrigerator is cooling. I am thinking it is something bad with the main ctrl board. Am I on the right track or is there something else I should be looking at?

Msbee,

Based on your post information, you want to start by testing, the refrigerator door/light switch.

If the switch has a bad circuit or loose wire, it will not send voltage to the refrigerator light or to the control board, this will effect the display (it wont illuminate) as well as the compartment lights.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
msbee03  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:30:25 PM(UTC)
msbee03

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Msbee,

Based on your post information, you want to start by testing, the refrigerator door/light switch.

If the switch has a bad circuit or loose wire, it will not send voltage to the refrigerator light or to the control board, this will effect the display (it wont illuminate) as well as the compartment lights.

Good Luck,

I am having a problem getting into anything on this refrigerator to test voltage. I have no schematics for this particular refrigerator. Is there some where I can go to view them on web? :confused:
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 5:45:41 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I am having a problem getting into anything on this refrigerator to test voltage. I have no schematics for this particular refrigerator. Is there some where I can go to view them on web? :confused:

Msbee,

Being a Sears/Kenmore product, I honestly don't know where to send you, other than the Sears Parts Direct parts diagrams or contact their service department. You can always try the internet, in most cases, on side by side refrigerators, you can fing the wiring diagram or Technical Data Sheet, rolled up or in a bag taped to the bottom of the unit, behind the kickplate/grille on the front of the fridge.

msbee03  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 1:53:05 PM(UTC)
msbee03

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Msbee,

Being a Sears/Kenmore product, I honestly don't know where to send you, other than the Sears Parts Direct parts diagrams or contact their service department. You can always try the internet, in most cases, on side by side refrigerators, you can fing the wiring diagram or Technical Data Sheet, rolled up or in a bag taped to the bottom of the unit, behind the kickplate/grille on the front of the fridge.

Thanks I did try the sears site after not finding the data sheet on the appliance any where. I think someone may have already snatched it, as I bought this used. Thanks again.
:) :)
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:14:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks I did try the sears site after not finding the data sheet on the appliance any where. I think someone may have already snatched it, as I bought this used. Thanks again.
:) :)

Msbee,

Sorry to hear that, Tech Sheets do have a habit of dissapearing.

Keep an eye out on the Repair Forum. We have a lot of people reviewing the posts, someonr with the information you need may have a response for you.

Good Luck,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply