Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greeneyedlady329  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:19:17 PM(UTC)
greeneyedlady329

Groups: Registered

Hello,
My 8 yr. old Kenmore dishwasher now takes about three hours to complete a load of dishes. I first noticed this when my water bill went sky high. I think the dishwasher is getting stuck at some point during the cycle and using a lot more water than it should. Any ideas on what might be happening with it? I don't know if I should have an 8 yr. old dishwasher repaired or just bite the bullet & get a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Margie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:18:53 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greeneyedlady329 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
My 8 yr. old Kenmore dishwasher now takes about three hours to complete a load of dishes. I first noticed this when my water bill went sky high. I think the dishwasher is getting stuck at some point during the cycle and using a lot more water than it should. Any ideas on what might be happening with it? I don't know if I should have an 8 yr. old dishwasher repaired or just bite the bullet & get a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Margie

Margie,

Let's try this first, reset the control board :

DIAGNOSTICS CYCLES AND RAPID ADVANCE SERVICE FEATURE

Pressing the following option keys in the sequence shown will either start the Diagnostics Cycle or turn on the Rapid Advance feature for stepping through customer selectable
cycles:

HIGH TEMP SCRUB AIR DRY HIGH TEMP SCRUB AIR DRY

OR

SANI RINSE AIR DRY SANI RINSE AIR DRY

If the above key sequence is entered with the dishwasher in Standby, the Diagnostics
Cycle is started. The Diagnostics Cycle can be rapid-advanced, interval by interval, by

pressing the Pots&Pans/Heavy or Anti-Bacteria/Cookware cycle key.

Then run a complete cycle empty and with no detergent. This will usually re set the control to factory specifications. then run a cycle with dishes.
This style dishwasher has a "memory" and reprograms itself according to what it 's sensors "see". it is not uncommon for a cycle to run an extremely long time. there are also several "stalls/pauses to increase and maintain the hot water temperature, so make sure the water temperature is a minimum of 120 dgrs.F in the tub on the first fill of a cycle, and the water level is in contact with the bottom of the heating element after the first five(5) minutes of the wash cycle.

If you need to, you should find your machine's Technical Data Sheet, taped to the backside of the lower panel kick plate, if it hasn't been removed previously. It could give you a better explanation.

Thanks,

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply