Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trashman  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 8:26:47 PM(UTC)
trashman

Groups: Registered

Installed 2007. When you depress the foot pedal, the pedal remains down and the drawer does not open. I can open the compactor by manually lifting the bottom of the drawer upward at the pedal base, but the purpose of a compactor is that it should open automatically so you can use the compactor. I've tighten the two screws on the inside on either side of the pedal mechanism (didn't change the situation), had a major company repair person come out and he also tightened the screws (still doesn't work) and, finally, replaced the pedal w/a new one (at repair person's prompting; still doesn't work). So, I'm writing you. The Profile is out of warranty (the major local appliance company we purchased from closed) and it cost $ 619. I'm quite disappointed.Is there something I'm not doing? Is there a certain height from the floor that the pedal should be at? What am I missing about this situation? Thanks for your suggestions/recommendations.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dannys00  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:33:49 PM(UTC)
dannys00

I also found that after 2 years my GE Profile Trash Compactor (purchased in June '07), the pedal was hanging down on the left side. I searched the internet and called GE to no avail.

After a few attempts, I finally solved the problem by removing the screw on the left side and adding a metal "L" bracket, with the bottom of the L flush against the back of the front panel. That way, when you depress the pedal, the screw can't pop out of the metal it's attached to.

Good luck!
Dannys00
hinesteam  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:00:39 PM(UTC)
hinesteam

The L bracket definitely worked. I was having the exact same problem and tried the propose L bracket solutino at 10:30 pm EST. Thank you very much for posting it.

It is a poor design by GE.
Jaronbaer  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:37:28 AM(UTC)
Jaronbaer

Exclusive Designer Sample Sales. Up to 70% Off Top Fashion Brands.Buy Prada Store And Save Big - Low US Shipping & Fast!Save 40-70% Prada Bags, Dress, Shoe All the Sales, All in One Place. Buy Save on Wholesale Prada Find NexTag Sellers' Lowest Price! And Save Big Designer Closeout Sales Buy Direct from China Factories. Sale Prices Latest Fashions and Styles on Sale Name Brands on Sale!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply