Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ppatinka  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 6:33:57 PM(UTC)
ppatinka

Groups: Registered

We have to unplug it to stop it from beeping. Cuts out midcycle and flashes something like "un" "e" I think.

We tried putting in smaller loads but that doesn't seem to matter. It will run fine for several loads and then we have the load that we keep resetting and resetting. Found the spin and drain setting so at least we can finish without repeating another wash cycle.

I assume there there is a short and the unit thinks we are moving (resetting) the control knobs or buttons. Is it the entire control unit or just one switch on it?

right now it is plugged in and it is staying off. Earlier today it keep beeping until I had to unplug it for relieve. I will pay attention to more details now that I found this post.

Thanks inadvance,
Phil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:58:13 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

If the washer is randomly making noise without interaction, then the control panel (AP4358809) has most likely suffered from some brain damage. Since the board is the logic and the user interface, it pretty much covers everything in that unit.
ppatinka  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:37:05 AM(UTC)
ppatinka

Sadly the brain transplant did not solve the problem. I am sure an onsite technician would have performed the same task so I am no worse off. There must be failed part that causes the electricity to move. I plugged the machine into another outlet to rule out noise on the electric supply line, still beeps but at least I can unplug it easily when not in use. I'll try to unplug each set of wires one by from the control panel and try to isolate the shorted component
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:15:45 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

That is rather odd since the only thing that should wake the control from it's idle mode (display dark) would be activating something on the user panel, or applying power to the unit. A loose connection some where in the wire bundle behind the board would be my best guess at this point since the user interface and board share the same logic circuits. Try leaving individual connections off, then reapply power and see if it stops waking itself, then we can isolate better to the problem.
ppatinka  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:35:28 PM(UTC)
ppatinka

I disconnected each wire and found three wires that caused the unit to go dark and stay dark even if the unit was plugged and unplugged. I also started the unit and found the same three caused the unit to stop running.

When the unit is doing it "possessed" thing, I noticed that the door lock would lock and unlock several times. Perhaps it is a failed door sensor or something related to the door lock. What I did note that if left plugged in that the unit picks up at the same spot as it stops. Cycles will take hours to run as it stops and restarts but it doesn't go back to the beginning.

I didn't recieve a note telling me you responded hence the long delay. I getting tired of going to my in-laws to do laundry
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:31:08 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

The door lock makes some sense since opening the door would wake the unit from standby, but it is a rather odd problem. But I have seen a couple other oddities just this week. The latch has two switches, one that tells when the door is closed, and one that tells when the latch is engaged, but only the first one is used until the spin cycle. Changing the latch sounds like the logical choice at this point.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply