Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
busyhope  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 5:35:47 AM(UTC)
busyhope

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Potscrubber 720. Recently, in about the last 10 washes, the detergent is leftover. The compartment is open, but there is still about 1/3 - 1/2 of the detergent when I go to unload. Sometime the door isn't even open & the detergent is still inside. I've tried powdered & now gel soap, but it doen't matter, it is still leftover. :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:18:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
busyhope  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:07:28 AM(UTC)
busyhope

Mod# GSD72OP-35BA
Ser# DG 749705 B
thank you!! :)
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:59:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Here are your parts.
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD720P-35BA | AppliancePartsPros.com

If you go to the Sears parts site ans search GSD720P they have part breakdown pictures that may be useful.
Note: The 0 is a zero not a letter o.

The door not opening may be due to detergent residue, I will assume this so that water circulation can be ruled out first.

It could be a low fill situation. Most units fill to just under the heating element.
Also often when it does not fill properly the pump will growl as it is sucking in air.
You can check this by adding a quart or two of hot water after each fill of a cycle. Then if it washes OK low fill is probably your problem. Just be careful to not overfill the unit.

If it is a low fill, shut off the water supply to the unit and remove the water valve. Check/clean the screen filter on the input side of the valve. Do not permanently remove it as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.

Remove the sump cover on the bottom/center of the tub and check in the sump for debris or something wrapped around the chopper.
Be careful as there is often broken glass in the sump.

If the above are not the problem then open up the door so you can see the operation of the dispenser.
Following is a manual which may be useful. It should be close to your unit.
http://appliancedigest.com/index.php?/files/go/804915ec89f972454926534a13e9ad7e/31-3280-clean-design-electro-mechanical-ge-dishwasher-service-manual
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.
busyhope  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:40:34 PM(UTC)
busyhope

Thank you for all of the tips & help, denman!! :)
Sadly.. after trying the easy fixes to no avail..and me still bitching out the dishwasher, my husband pulled the lower door to the bottom off (just below the main front door) & found that water has been leaking for god-knows-how-long underneath, out of the bottom of the damn machine, onto the kitchen floor, running under the flooring!! :( It is a mess! He found the water to be running out of the front right side of the machine, and possible between the punp & the motor. There are a couple of sad faces about that. :( so.. now he needs to find time to pull the motor off to fix it, or off to craigslist.com we go. Not only do we have this dishwasher problem(s), but now we get to fix our ruined flooring. I suppose it is all the same related problem. where is my sledge hammer??!!
denman  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 1:56:09 AM(UTC)
denman

Sorry to hear about the flooring problem.

You may want to look around for a dishwasher leak pan. I am not really sure what they call it. It is a plastic pan that fits under the dishwasher and one side has no wall. Then if you get a leak the water is directed out to the front of the machine so it runs onto the kitchen floor. Then at least you know that there is a problem. Often they are not quite the right size (do not cover the water valve) but you can add a small tray made out of a couple layers of tin foil so if it leaks it will also go into the tray. Just be sure to stay away from the valves power connection.

Here is an example
Floor Saver Pan

I regret that this is "closing the barn door after the horse has bolted".
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply