Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
air1kap  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 10:02:01 AM(UTC)
air1kap

Groups: Registered

I am tryting to replace the Soap and Rinse Aid Dispenser on my Kitchen Aid Diswasher.. I am having trouble getting the Front Door Panel off to get to the dispenser. I have removed all visible screws from arround the door including the door hionge screws. The top - Control Panel is loose, however there seems to be something near the center of the lower front panel keeping it from comimg loose. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 10:59:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: air1kap Go to Quoted Post
I am tryting to replace the Soap and Rinse Aid Dispenser on my Kitchen Aid Diswasher.. I am having trouble getting the Front Door Panel off to get to the dispenser. I have removed all visible screws from arround the door including the door hionge screws. The top - Control Panel is loose, however there seems to be something near the center of the lower front panel keeping it from comimg loose. :confused:

Air 1,

Here are the basic instructions for removing and accessing the door components,

This ought to get you through the repair.

ACCESSING COMPONENTS IN THE DOOR

Removing the Console Panel

The control panel on the KitchenAid KUD01 Dishwasher comes in two versions: a) Split Controls: Top and Front Display and b) Front Display. Both control panels are removed in the same manner.
1. Remove the six (6) screws securing the control panel to the door .
2 .The control panel will now drop down and be free of the door assembly. The wiring harness will remain connected to the console components.

Removing the Dispenser Assembly

The Dispenser Assembly is located in the lower portion of the dishwasher door below the console area.
1. Remove the eight (8) screws securing the outer door panel to the dishwasher door frame. Remove the outer door panel from the door frame.
2. Remove the center top hex head screw and remove the dispenser shield and disconnect the wiring harness connectors from the detergent dispenser solenoid and rinse aid sensor.
3. Remove the remaining five (5) screws securing the dispenser assembly to the inner door liner.
4. Bend the two locking tabs at the top and bottom of the dispenser assembly up away from the dispenser body.

5. The dispenser assembly can now be lifted from the inner door liner.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
air1kap  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 12:57:54 PM(UTC)
air1kap

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Air 1,

Here are the basic instructions for removing and accessing the door components,

This ought to get you through the repair.

ACCESSING COMPONENTS IN THE DOOR
Removing the Console Panel
The control panel on the KitchenAid KUD01 Dishwasher comes in two versions: a) Split Controls: Top and Front Display and b) Front Display. Both control panels are removed in the same manner.
1. Remove the six (6) screws securing the control panel to the door .
2 .The control panel will now drop down and be free of the door assembly. The wiring harness will remain connected to the console components.

Removing the Dispenser Assembly
The Dispenser Assembly is located in the lower portion of the dishwasher door below the console area.
1. Remove the eight (8) screws securing the outer door panel to the dishwasher door frame. Remove the outer door panel from the door frame.
2. Remove the center top hex head screw and remove the dispenser shield and disconnect the wiring harness connectors from the detergent dispenser solenoid and rinse aid sensor.
3. Remove the remaining five (5) screws securing the dispenser assembly to the inner door liner.
4. Bend the two locking tabs at the top and bottom of the dispenser assembly up away from the dispenser body.

5. The dispenser assembly can now be lifted from the inner door liner.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

I have removed the 6 screws from the top front panel with the controls on it and that panel comes loose with the wiring harness still attached... I have also removed the 6 screws from the larger door panel and it will not come off to alllow access to the dispenser assembly. Any other thoughts... It appear that the panel is secured about center of the door 4 or 5 inches down from the top of the panel.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 2:47:54 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: air1kap Go to Quoted Post
I have removed the 6 screws from the top front panel with the controls on it and that panel comes loose with the wiring harness still attached... I have also removed the 6 screws from the larger door panel and it will not come off to alllow access to the dispenser assembly. Any other thoughts... It appear that the panel is secured about center of the door 4 or 5 inches down from the top of the panel.

Air 1,

The instructions are for your dishwasher, and I don't recall any hidden tabs or catches holding the panel on the hinge / frame assembly.

You may want to try pushing down on the outer door panel, just in case, but otherwise, I'm at a loss.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply