Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PBrian  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:36:33 PM(UTC)
PBrian

Groups: Registered

Can you post detailed description on what is going on today?

Sure. We tried to turn the oven on this afternoon and it was acting the same as last night. We hit start, hear one click and nothing else. no gas and no ignition. Broil would not work either. So, i checked the P24 and got 120 volts. Checked the valve and got 209 ohms on both. Wiggled everything and nothing would kick it on. So, i left it with the Bake command on, but not heating.

Most of the time, when we leave it set at 350 with the display acting like everything is normal, it will eventually complete the cycle, ignite, and come up to temperature. This can happen anytime from 20 minutes to 2-3 hours after our 1st attempt. For example, i left it turned on about 4:30 EST. I just put our lasagna on the grill! and when i came back inside at 5:30, the oven had turned on and was heating up.

It is definitely and intermittent issue.
Gene  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 11:34:34 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Brian,

Sounds like the problem is a bad spark module. It is impossible to test it instrumentally in such situation. Just replace it.

- The spark module Part number: AP3672576
Part number: AP3672576

Gene.
PBrian  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 12:06:04 PM(UTC)
PBrian

Ok, I just ordered one from you. I'll give it a try and let you know.
I've actually been enjoying the challenge in proving that anything can be cooked on a grill! The lasagna in a cassarole dish turned out great!
PBrian  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:37:10 PM(UTC)
PBrian

The spark module came in today and i replace it tonight. The oven is working right now, but the last one was intermittent, so i'll watch it for a while to verify it fixed it.
The cycle to ignite seems a little slower than the original, but as long as it works, we'll be happy.

Thanks for your help in diagnosing this. I'll be sure to come back to the site with my next appliance problem or part need.
Gene  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:52:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
no-oven  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:14:24 PM(UTC)
no-oven

Gene, I am having a similar issue and before seeing this I had already placed an order for the control board, but now I am not sure I made the right decision. My issue is that my stove top all works fine, but both the broil and bake function just dont work. the bake function will click the ignitor two times but I never hear the gas valve open, as for the broil function it just does nothing. I never see anything displayed on the display...

should I have ordered the spark ignition board rather than the control board?

thanks,
Paul
Gene  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 5:43:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Paul,

I'm sorry for the delay.

What is the complete model number of the range?

Gene.
no-oven  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:03:56 AM(UTC)
no-oven

Gene, I believe it is SF362LXSB

Im not home now so that is going from memory. I ended up ordering both parts just to be sure. the systoms we are having is no bake and no broil. the bake to click the ignitor twice but I never hear the gas kick on and the oven never heats up, but the timer keeps ticking...

the broil just does nothing, so to be safe I ordered both parts and am going to test the ignitor board first as from what I have found it sounds like that just might do the trick.

thanks for checking in and Ill keep you posted as my parts should be here today.

Paul
Gene  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:46:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Paul,

I would start the troubleshooting from testing the oven gas valve assembly (#15 on the diagram) as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...l-oven-wont-heat-up.html

Very likely the problem is there.

Gene.
no-oven  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:45:43 PM(UTC)
no-oven

Gene, thank you so much for your reply. I got 205 ohms on the bake and nothing, not a reading on the broil side, so I have ordered the gas valve... :) I think I have ordered just about everything...

but I guess I will have all parts to test. I will wait for the gas valve to arrive first as that one clearly was not reading properly, so I will leave the ignitor and control board in original packaging until I have tested the valve.

Paul
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply