Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeachPaulison  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:54:03 AM(UTC)
PeachPaulison

Groups: Registered

The whole door frame cracked and left the door hanging. If looking at the schematic, I need to replace #15 and #10 for sure... the inside of #10 being worn looks like the crux of the whole thing... strange for a unit less than 2 years old that's used twice a week.. Is this a known issue? Anyway.. I want to make sure that I also don't have to replace #14, too. Can someone tell me how to remove #14 Door Safety plastic from #15 frame? It looks like it snaps on, but the plastic seems pretty brittle for me to be able to pry up without it cracking. Suggestions? I start school next week and with less than $200 in my bank account I HAVE TO take a shot at fixing this myself. Please help! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:Thanks.... PEACHY
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:58:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PeachPaulison Go to Quoted Post
The whole door frame cracked and left the door hanging. If looking at the schematic, I need to replace #15 and #10 for sure... the inside of #10 being worn looks like the crux of the whole thing... strange for a unit less than 2 years old that's used twice a week.. Is this a known issue? Anyway.. I want to make sure that I also don't have to replace #14, too. Can someone tell me how to remove #14 Door Safety plastic from #15 frame? It looks like it snaps on, but the plastic seems pretty brittle for me to be able to pry up without it cracking. Suggestions? I start school next week and with less than $200 in my bank account I HAVE TO take a shot at fixing this myself. Please help! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:Thanks.... PEACHY

Peachy,

Based on yor post information,description, you definitely need part # 10 and #15, as for part # 14, you only need it if it is cracked or broken as well.

Part number: AP4044303
Part number: AP4044303

Part number: AP4044601
Part number: AP4044601

Here are some basic instructions to help you through the repair,

Door Removal
1. Disconnect power supply to unit.

2. Remove four screws from retainer plate, to remove door from Front Panel.
3. Remove hinge retainer plate(on inside of door liner).
4. Remove door from hinge posts.

5. Remove screws around the perimeter of the glass retainer.
6. Remove the glass retainer.

7. Remove glass.
8. Remove external viewing window.
Reverse procedure and reinstall.

I'm not aware of any "on going" problems or issues, with the door assembly or components, that you're dealing with.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

frustratedsd  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:30:20 AM(UTC)
frustratedsd

I have been dealing with the same problem after less than two years. ************** says they get a lot of calls for replacing the door due to cracking near the hinge.

Did you figure out how to snap off the plastic part (#14) without breaking the tabs? I am so afraid I will crack or break one of them off and then have to wait another 2 weeks for that part. Thank you!!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 5:29:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: frustratedsd Go to Quoted Post
I have been dealing with the same problem after less than two years. ************** says they get a lot of calls for replacing the door due to cracking near the hinge.

Did you figure out how to snap off the plastic part (#14) without breaking the tabs? I am so afraid I will crack or break one of them off and then have to wait another 2 weeks for that part. Thank you!!

You will need to be careful with the tabs, they are more for alignment of the window, than a retainer for the panel. But you will need to be cautious. You'll do fine.

CQDX  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:29:45 PM(UTC)
CQDX

I'm glad I came upon this thread and site after I Googled my Amana washer issue. I too have a 2 or 3 year old Amana NFW7200TW front load washer we had purchased from 'HD' (got glowing reviews in a consumer magazine then). Despite our 'babying' the unit, and using it only once or twice a week, the door cracked and is loose. The crack appears on the outside of the door, distinctly around where the hinge is. I cannot use the washer now, due to a leak since the now loose door does not seal properly due to the cracks. One would think that Amana would manufacture their products a little better than this. I would like to attempt to replace the broken parts myself, after I find and purchase them. Where can I find these parts? The glass part of the door is fine. I would just need the plastic that frames the glass. Also, would a 'code error' show after I replace the door parts? If so, is there a reset method? Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 5:14:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: CQDX Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad I came upon this thread and site after I Googled my Amana washer issue. I too have a 2 or 3 year old Amana NFW7200TW front load washer we had purchased from 'HD' (got glowing reviews in a consumer magazine then). Despite our 'babying' the unit, and using it only once or twice a week, the door cracked and is loose. The crack appears on the outside of the door, distinctly around where the hinge is. I cannot use the washer now, due to a leak since the now loose door does not seal properly due to the cracks. One would think that Amana would manufacture their products a little better than this. I would like to attempt to replace the broken parts myself, after I find and purchase them. Where can I find these parts? The glass part of the door is fine. I would just need the plastic that frames the glass. Also, would a 'code error' show after I replace the door parts? If so, is there a reset method? Thanks!

CQDX,
Everything you need is attached to this post, part numbers, directions, etc. Yes, you may get a failure code, if you do not properly align everything on the door and the door opening. But remember to unplud the power cord before you start anything, be cautious and take your time doing the repair, and you'll do fine.

cmduran  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:48:23 PM(UTC)
cmduran

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
CQDX,
Everything you need is attached to this post, part numbers, directions, etc. Yes, you may get a failure code, if you do not properly align everything on the door and the door opening. But remember to unplug the power cord before you start anything, be cautious and take your time doing the repair, and you'll do fine.

This is an old thread - hope someone is still watching. My door completely broke off. I have the new parts. I must be misunderstanding something though, because I cannot put the door back on my machine (Amana Front-Loading Washer - NFW7200TW) by following those instructions.

1st - "remove 4 screws from retainer plate" - I don't see a part named "retainer plate". And even if I did see a retainer plate, I've held the glass holder (#10) and the front cover (#15) together and there doesn't seem to be any way that assembly can go back on the hinges with the front cover on. To me it looks like I'd have to remove the hinges, assemble the whole thing on a table and reattach the hinges, but I see that there's a "bracket-hinge" (#11) inside, and I'm afraid that if I take the hinge off the "bracket-hinge" will fall off inside, opening a whole new can 'o worms. What am I missing?

ineptly,

cmd
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:14:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: cmduran Go to Quoted Post
This is an old thread - hope someone is still watching. My door completely broke off. I have the new parts. I must be misunderstanding something though, because I cannot put the door back on my machine (Amana Front-Loading Washer - NFW7200TW) by following those instructions.

1st - "remove 4 screws from retainer plate" - I don't see a part named "retainer plate". And even if I did see a retainer plate, I've held the glass holder (#10) and the front cover (#15) together and there doesn't seem to be any way that assembly can go back on the hinges with the front cover on. To me it looks like I'd have to remove the hinges, assemble the whole thing on a table and reattach the hinges, but I see that there's a "bracket-hinge" (#11) inside, and I'm afraid that if I take the hinge off the "bracket-hinge" will fall off inside, opening a whole new can 'o worms. What am I missing?

ineptly,

cmd

CMD, You're going about this wrong, all the work you need to perform is actually on the door assembly. As long as the hinges are properly attached and secured to the washer front panel, there's no need to disturb them.

We've attached an illustrated excerpt from the service manual, that should be helpful, there's a bit more info, should you need to remove the front panel, etc.
File Attachment(s):
Binder1.pdf (486kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
cmduran  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 9:40:05 AM(UTC)
cmduran

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
CMD, You're going about this wrong, all the work you need to perform is actually on the door assembly. As long as the hinges are properly attached and secured to the washer front panel, there's no need to disturb them.

We've attached an illustrated excerpt from the service manual, that should be helpful, there's a bit more info, should you need to remove the front panel, etc.

Thanks. Got it. I guess I got confused by the term "retainer plate" and thought that there was a part I didn't have. It is a bit of a balancing act, but got it all back together and it works great.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 10:37:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: cmduran Go to Quoted Post
Thanks. Got it. I guess I got confused by the term "retainer plate" and thought that there was a part I didn't have. It is a bit of a balancing act, but got it all back together and it works great.

Cmduran, Great, glad you're up and running. Yes, it can be a bit difficult or a balancing act like you stated. Thanks Again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply