Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bodina  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:36:57 AM(UTC)
bodina

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I woke this morning to find my SxS freezer with semi-defrosted food from the middle of the freezer and above. The bottom foods are solidly frozen. The water dispenser isn't working. The ice dispenser is but the ice is melting inside. The refrigerator side feels like it's the correct temp. I cleaned the coils as best I could on the underside. I don't see any frost. I removed the back panels hoping for access from there but there wasn't. The fan was dirty but had been working so I cleaned. The water line is dripping at the wall and the connection on the back of the refrigerator. After cleaning, plugged back in. Fan working but no cool air in freezer. This refrig is about 14 years old. I noticed the copper pipe going into the motor is room temp (not sure if that's how it should be or if it makes a difference). I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
Tina
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:13:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Tina,

Does the compressor work? What is the current temperature settings?

Gene.
bodina  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:04:33 PM(UTC)
bodina

Groups: Registered

GENE!!! I've been waiting for you to respond. I've followed your replies to others and hoped you would answer mine. Thank you!

We figured out it was the defrost thermostat and are replacing it right now. But it's seems a strange coincidence that the water dispenser stopped working at the same time. Did one make the other quit?

Thanks again!
Tina
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:21:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tina,

Lets do one thing at a time. Finish with the cooling problem and then watch the dispenser. Be advised that you have to wait about 20 hours after you'll finish with the repair to see the real temperatures. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply