Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chanel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:53:39 AM(UTC)
Chanel

Groups: Registered

I am having the same problem as the others the fan is blowing in the fridge but it's not cold. Items in the freezer are thawing and the ice maker is not working. Is it a compressor problem that my husband can fix? Can we go to Sears and get the part or does it need to be ordered offline? How long will my food keep at this temp? I'm so concerned!!! Help me Please
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 3:54:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KENMORE 36379562990 | AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is it a compressor problem that my husband can fix?[/COLOR]
He will not be able to fix an actual compressor problem.

Whether he can fix it, I cannot say you have to do some troubleshooting.
First check if the compressor is running.
You can usually hear it, also you should be able to feel it vibrating and it should be warm.
If it is constantly running and there is no cooling you have a sealed system problem. To repair this you need a pro and it will be expensive. So it is usually better to put the dollars towards a new unit.
I would check the unit's warranty as many units have a longer sealed system warranty.

If the compressor is constantly running and there is some cooling (just not enough), it could be a sealed system problem, a defrost problem even just dirty condenser coils and/or a bad condenser fan.

If the compressor is not running it could be a compressor problem, a compressor start problem or a thermostat problem..

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Can we go to Sears and get the part or does it need to be ordered offline? [/COLOR]
You should be able to get parts directly from Sears.
Note that I do not work for AppliancePartsPros (I just try to help a few folks) but like to see people order parts from them. Sears does not host a forum trying to help people but AppliancePartsPros does and they do not require that you buy anything from them. Personally I like to see companies who do a public service be rewarded for their efforts.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]
How long will my food keep at this temp? I'm so concerned!!![/COLOR]
I also cannot say. Depends on too many things: how much food is in the unit, what the ambient temperature is, how often you are opening the doors etc.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply