Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsfball  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 1:27:15 PM(UTC)
dsfball

Groups: Registered

control panel buttonsintermittly malfunction (ie.)washer locks in cycle set won't allow change or cancel of cycle..at times panel will not light or functionfordays...then all of a sudden it will work perfectly again for several months...its been this way for 20r 3 years....abou;t a year ago the plastic latch broke...with the pre-stated problem I replaced the whole latch assembly thinking might resolve the issues to no avail. Expect the the problem is with the control panel or board...Is there a way to disdinquish which one is the culprit or could it be something else???????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dsfball  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 1:29:50 PM(UTC)
dsfball

Not sure what you want in this box.
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:37:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dsfball Go to Quoted Post
control panel buttonsintermittly malfunction (ie.)washer locks in cycle set won't allow change or cancel of cycle..at times panel will not light or functionfordays...then all of a sudden it will work perfectly again for several months...its been this way for 20r 3 years....abou;t a year ago the plastic latch broke...with the pre-stated problem I replaced the whole latch assembly thinking might resolve the issues to no avail. Expect the the problem is with the control panel or board...Is there a way to disdinquish which one is the culprit or could it be something else???????

DSF,

You most likely have a bad touchpad/control panel assembly.

I could not find any technical or parts data, based on the model number you supplied MDB5800AWQ.

You should be able to find the tech data sheet in a bag, taped to the backside of the lower kickplate assembly. It will basically tell you which ribbon tracer ends to test for each button on the pad you press.

If your data sheet is missing, we'll be happy to get the data sheet to you.Once you verify the model number from the production plate on the unit.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
dsfball  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2011 3:45:55 PM(UTC)
dsfball

The correct model No. :) is:MDB5600AWQ.......if you could forward the instructions on what button to press to verify if the .....touch panel control pad assembly needs repacement and its cost I'd be very appreciative. Thank you, David
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:25:36 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dsfball Go to Quoted Post
The correct model No. :) is:MDB5600AWQ.......if you could forward the instructions on what button to press to verify if the .....touch panel control pad assembly needs repacement and its cost I'd be very appreciative. Thank you, David

David,

I've attached the Tech Data Sheet, you may want to keep it handy for future reference.

Like I stated, you most likely have a bad keypad / control panel assembly,

Part number: AP4365223
Part number: AP4365223

the control board number(just in case)

Part number: AP4113789
Part number: AP4113789

DSC00865.JPG

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
File Attachment(s):
16023063 mdb5600.pdf (251kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply