Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
washerwoes  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 6:51:50 PM(UTC)
washerwoes

Groups: Registered

Last week the garage door opener...this week the washer....

I have a Jenn-air ultra22 washer that is off balance during the spin cycles. At first I was just repositioning the load but it has gotten worse and now the entire machine is moving (bouncing).

Can anyone tell me which part (s) needs to be replaced to fix this? Is this a fairly simple repair? Is it any more difficult than replacing my garage door opener?

signed, A girl with tools and I know how to use them!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 8:20:27 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Is the washer level?
washerwoes  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:38:31 PM(UTC)
washerwoes

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply

The washer is indeed level and has been in the same position for years. The thumping started a couple of weeks ago. I tried tipping the machine forward based on the advice of a friend. Not sure what this was to accomplish. I did however find some loose change under the machine. Not enough for a repair man but it's a start.

Sounds like something needs to be replaced. Any suggestions?

Signed...the midnight laundry lady is starting to loose sleep... and getting really good at navigating the stairs into the basement in the dark.:)
fixxit  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 8:19:39 PM(UTC)
fixxit

Groups: Senior Expert

well it sounds like you may have a worn snubber. one thing to look for is is the tub listing to one side, usualy the right and to the rear. the next thing to check is for a white powder (worn snubber residue) inside the cabinet.to check it, remove the front of the cabinet. using a putty knife. push in the reatiners located between 2-4" from the outter edges of the top. and lift up. then at each corner (you may have to push the tub back) look inside and towards the front there are 2 5/6" screws. unscrew and bring the top front down to about a 45 degree angle then you can lift the front off. look around the base for that snubber residue. if you see it or the tub is listing to the right its a difficult job to do with out the proper tools and could entail basicly pulling the whole lower washer apart. check thigs out first an post your results here
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply