Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JillGaskin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:26:24 AM(UTC)
JillGaskin

Groups: Registered

I came home to an electronics burning smell on Monday and thought it was a computer overheating but when I made dinner last night, the oven would not turn off. The range elements continued to work properly and the indicator for the oven showed 'off' even though the oven elements were still heating. I reset power via the circuit breaker several times. The oven then started beeping and displaying the F1 fault code. I took the back cover off the top (after unplugging the appliance) and found the EOC part number, 316207522, and ordered it today. When I tried to remove the EOC, the long plug on the bottom has a type of lip holding it in. How do i pry that lip off without damaging the plug? Also, will there need to be any calibration once I install the new unit? I was an aircraft electronics technician a long time ago (before children) and want to save the expense of repair as well as the waiting five days for a technician. I have three kids and a hungry husband who can only eat crock pot meals for so long! Thank you for your help - I really love this website and the incredible prices.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:46:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jill,

As far as I can see from the picture there are two 6 pins plugs on the control board. Do not pry the lips, just pull the plugs out. If it's not too late, I would recommend not to remove the old EOC until you will have the new one in your hands.

Gene.
JillGaskin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:45:54 AM(UTC)
JillGaskin

Groups: Registered

:) I just plugged in the oven and it works! One thing I didn't realize and would like to pass along, the EOC does not include the overlay. The actual words and control indications are on a separate thin plastic piece that is glued to the EOC. When I pealed it off, it lost some of it's black color coating. It is a purely asthetic fix, but i think i should have ordered
at the same time as the EOC.
Overlay - Made by: FRIGIDAIRE
Part Number: AP2593012 (316220818)

I did have to pry the white connector off the old EOC because my fingers aren't very strong, but it was not damaged and works like a charm. Thank you for your help and for this great website!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:27:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome, Jill. The part number for the black overlay is the right one.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply