Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rfrye8657  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 2:47:58 PM(UTC)
rfrye8657

Groups: Registered

this unit has a side door freezer w/ ice maker.. the controls are on the front of the freezer door and reading left to right the 3 buttons are:

water ice crushed ice cube

the ice maker is working fine, the crushed ice and cube ice buttons work fine but the WATER button just stopped dispensing water???? I've changed the inline filter and still not working,, when I push the water button I hear a slight "click" but no water so any idea what the problem might be??? Please respond to: rfrye8657@hotmail.com
any help will be appreciated...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 12:55:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the rear cover and check if there is 120VAC to the water coil (blue) while the dispenser calls for the drinking water.

If there is 120VAC then the water inlet valve has to be replaced.

If there is no proper voltage then the main control board has to be replaced.

- The part number for the water inlet valve is AP3192626

- The part number for the main control board is AP4297272

Gene.
rfrye8657  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 11:10:31 AM(UTC)
rfrye8657

thanks --- as a matter of fact,, I had a repair guy out, he replaced (he said ) the "coil" but he pointed out what appeared to be a valve to me.. He then took a hair dryer and blew hot air against the inside of the freezer door for about 10 minutes and gave me a bill for $230.. so how bad did I get took?? Oh, he also said I should unplug the fridg. let it set for 48 hours and plug back in.. hummmmmm
HornetWSO  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 3:46:12 PM(UTC)
HornetWSO

Gene,

I thank you for answering this question, because I've used your tips for the same problem with my Hotpoint Refrigerator. I ordered the part, and it looks easy to change, but I have one question. How do I disconnect the water lines from the old valves and reconnect the water lines to the new vales? Do the white circular gromets pop off? I'm affraid that if I don't do this right, I'll damage my new part and make a mess. I don't want a leaky water line. Thanks! Glenn
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply