Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mtheriault3  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 10:13:31 AM(UTC)
mtheriault3

Groups: Registered

Motor makes noise not previously heard and no water pressure. Do I need the circulation repair kit or the motor? Where do I get schematic?
Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

linuxaz  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 11:44:04 AM(UTC)
linuxaz

Hmm,
Sounds just like my problem listed here.

linuxaz
RedVonBaron2000  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:59:38 PM(UTC)
RedVonBaron2000

If you don't/can't hear the circ motor at all it may be dead/burned out depending on how long the problem has existed. Linuxaz's me too post links to a parts page showing a schematic of sorts but nothing to do the repair by certainly. I have looked for a Bosch/Kenmore Elite service manual online and can't find anything.

There is a post by justkoz - http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/52948-post2.html with an pdf attachment on reaching the heater which attaches to the sump/circ and is what I'll be following if I don't find anything else to drive by...

Red
mtheriault3  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:09:53 AM(UTC)
mtheriault3

Solved the problem by replacing pump which comes as repair kit and is attached to the motor. Quite a process to disassemble machine and base. Impeller screws onto motor as previous thread indicates. Motor twists off of mount. Impeller is weak link because of constant hot water pumping, I believe.
RedVonBaron2000  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:18:17 PM(UTC)
RedVonBaron2000

Thanks that's what I was afraid of... guess I'll wait til the part comes in to begin so I'll [hopefully] remember where everything goes when putting it back together. Don't think I can get away with a missing screw or two unlike when I rebuilt my engine many years ago and had parts to spare at the end. :eek: Still ran for another 185k after that so they weren't too important...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply