Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rrpackageplus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:44:43 AM(UTC)
rrpackageplus

Groups: Registered

Washer fills with water but does not agitate. Timer knob makes a low buzz momentarily, then seems to shut off. It fills with water and 20 minutes later, pump comes on and drains water without spinning. We have tried a new control board, that wasn't it. We have replaced the shock absorber stabilizers. Then the washer worked intermittenly for a while. Sears came out twice and it worked, but he did not put clothes in it. Door lock light does come on.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 5:21:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

My first reaction is that if you have paid for a repair, or possibly two then you need to get Sears back out and stay there until it works.

If that cannot be done, then I suggest you use the tech notes that are inside the lower service panel to test the motor control. That is a weak spot on these machines.
rrpackageplus  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 11:48:23 AM(UTC)
rrpackageplus

After Several Attempts To Fix My Washer We Finally Figured It Out. We Tried The Controller Speed Assembly And Also The Control Board. When Neither Of These Fixed The Problem, He Went Back Thru And Checked All The Connections. The Pump Was Bad. The Electrical Connection To It Had A Burnt Spot. I Hope This Helps Others Who Experience The Same Problem. And Thanks To Appliance Pros For The Easy Return Policy. We Are Back In The Laundry Business.:)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 11:56:47 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well that must have been frustrating, but glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update. It will help those who read this Forum!
allen9258  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:08:32 AM(UTC)
allen9258

washer will lock the door but will not fill with water or start it will then sit there about for about 5 mim then just shut off so that's no warter and no washthis started all of a sudden
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply