Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
charlieq3  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:04:10 AM(UTC)
charlieq3

Groups: Registered

My oven works but when I shut it off and the burner goes off as it should, but there is still some gas leaking out of the oven jet it wont completely shut off the gas and I can smell gas in the house. Is this a problem with my safety valve or regulator valve. I turned the gas off to the oven from a small switch behind the regulator valve. I can still use the top burners of the stove but cant use the oven because of the gas leak. Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

charlieq3  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
charlieq3

Groups: Registered

Didnt get any reply yet mabe I didnt make myself clear, When I am finish using oven and turn oven knob to off position the oven and igniter goes off like it should, But my problem is there is still a small amount of gas coming out from the safety valve through the offrice, the only way to keep the gas from leaking freely is to manually light the gas at the offrice and must leave a continuous flame like a pilot light. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if i have a valve problem, Wife and I are divorced and I just started using the oven so dont know how long its been like this or even if its normal but dont think its normal operating like this. Thank
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply