Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sefalk  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 8:39:04 PM(UTC)
sefalk

Groups: Registered

I am having repeated problems with the key pad on my Jenn Air stove (model JGS8750BDB). The stove is less than 2 years old (but out of warranty of course). We had a power surge in July that fried the control panel (also took out our washing machine) and waited 4 months to get the new part (the entire front panel that contains the keypad, screen, and computer board).
It has been approximately 2.5 months.. and we are having the same problem again, except without an obvious power problem.
The keypad does not work - we cannot turn on the oven, adjust the clock, use the timer, turn on the oven light, or use any number higher than 6. It started this evening after my husband turned on the oven - he tried to set the timer, but it would not work. We had to trip the breaker to turn the oven off.
I am extremely frustrated with this appliance:mad: ... how come the control panel stops working... and how come it takes so long for Jenn Air/Maytag to make the part available? Is it worth repairing...again? (I think we paid $250 for the previous repair - the company provided the part under warranty, but we had to pay for the technician - though after watching what he did, I have no doubt that I could replace the part!!)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 6:51:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown with a wiring diagram
Model JGS8750BDB

Here is a tech sheet, could not find your exact model but this one should be close
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022089.pdf

Sounds like it may be just a bad connection between the keypad and the control board.
Unplug the stove.
Remove the ribbon cable from the control board, probably would not hurt to do all the connections.
If the ribbon cable is the type which just has the insulation removed from the edge connection, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use ink as it is too abrasive.
Plugs/receptacles can be cleaned with a tooth brush (be gentle) and electronics cleaner (available a some auto and electronics supply stores) or isopropyl alcohol (available at drug stores). Just be sure that all the solvent has evaporated before reconnecting.

If you have a meter you may want to check the keydoad key's continuity while you have it opened up.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
gne_norris  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:01:53 PM(UTC)
gne_norris

I've had my Jenn-air (Jgs8750adb) for 3 years and have needed to replace the control panel 3 times. I was told that it is caused by heat .... note: control panel is just above the oven door! Now they are telling me that the part is not available and for $278, they will install a replacement stove. I've spent $675 already on repair costs (labor not included in warranty) so now I'll be $950 over what I shelled out when I bought this piece of junk in 2006! My choice is to shell out $278 more or go out and buy a stove for $500 or more. This range should have been recalled.
meptap1  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:34:27 PM(UTC)
meptap1

After waiting months to receive our replacement panel (it was wrong the first time), we are at Christmas Eve, and the panel went out again! Ummm ... we are having a lot of people over tomorrow! This is not going to be easy! Yes, this stove should be recalled!
aefitz  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:09:15 PM(UTC)
aefitz

We have a dual power jenn air stove--gas burners, convection oven. We loved our stove until the keypad quit working right before Christmas.It still has not been repaired because of a parts snafu and scheduling the repairs to coordinate with our work time. Before calling in for repairs we combed the Internet and spoke with friends about possible fixes like how to reset/fix it. OFrom talking with others who have our kind of stove and from reading postings on the Internet, it sounds like this is a common problem. Our friends who have spent hundreds of dollars on getting theirs repaired say the service people know all about this. One said, "See you in 3 to 5 years to repair it again."

My neighbors who have kindly lent their ovens are glad to know what stove NOT to buy. There should be a fix for this. It sounds like this is a problem with the keypad that has not been addressed for years!

My husband recently sent Jenn Air a letter. **His response? Junk mail from Jenn Air about buying a new appliance!

The time we have spent on this -- not to mention the fact that it put a HUGE crimp in our holiday entertaining -- is not fair. TIhere should be some sort of legal recourse for the probably thousands of people who face this problem!
Elizabeth Parker  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:27:52 AM(UTC)
Elizabeth Parker

Constant problems now with my control panel. New ones break within days, and parts ordered from jenn-air arrive broken, wrong, or with delivery that takes 2-3 weeks. Avoid this maker if possible, if you already have one, make sure you get a big toaster over. Worst oven ever. And don't buy the warranty the company sells. You may think you'll save money, but time and energy taken to deal with are far more costly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply