Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhta8702  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:30:29 AM(UTC)
rhta8702

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Duet washer has a drain code of F02. I cleaned the drain as suggested (placed 12x18x2" pan under pump to catch water. No water spilled on floor. Worked great!). Washer works right on light loads (Underwear for 1 week or socks for 1 week for 3 people). Under heavy loads (7 flannel shirts or 4 bed sheets) F02 comes on at any time. Happens at 20 minutes or 4 minutes or 2 minutes left on time remaining. Please help me find my problem. Does anybody have any answers.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 11:10:58 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well Whirlpool says to replace the pump, but I am skeptical unless you have determined that the water is really not draining, in which case replacing the pump may be correct.

If the water is draining and you are getting a false error code, try cleaning out the tube from the pressure switch to the tub, and if that does not fix things I would try replacing the pressure switch.

Yeah, I know, this is like replacing parts until you find the problem rather than scientific diagnosis, but that is the way things are with the front loaders with micro processors. If you buy from this site (no we who reply are not associated with APP) and the part does not fix the problem, you can return it, see the returns policy for details and conditions.
rhta8702  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:36:03 PM(UTC)
rhta8702

Thankyou for your advice. I will try the suggestion Tuesday night and see how it works. The machine does indeed drain fully.

rhta8702
rhta8702  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
rhta8702

I did as sidfink43 suggested. Found pressure sensor tube (at washer drum) clogged. Removed and cleaned out in HOT water. Works like a new machine. Thankyou sidfink43 for your help.

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well Whirlpool says to replace the pump, but I am skeptical unless you have determined that the water is really not draining, in which case replacing the pump may be correct.

If the water is draining and you are getting a false error code, try cleaning out the tube from the pressure switch to the tub, and if that does not fix things I would try replacing the pressure switch.

Yeah, I know, this is like replacing parts until you find the problem rather than scientific diagnosis, but that is the way things are with the front loaders with micro processors. If you buy from this site (no we who reply are not associated with APP) and the part does not fix the problem, you can return it, see the returns policy for details and conditions.
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:14:40 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well great, glad you got it fixed and that it was an easy, cost free solution.

Thanks also for updating us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply