Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RU10962  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:08:30 PM(UTC)
RU10962

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have received replacement parts to repair the broken off stove handle and after taking off the old broken pieces, I realized I HAVE NO IDEA how to put the new one on without help from the supernatural...
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Handle, door, part number: AP4100604
I am so confused! I put everything back to its original state, less the handle being installed...can anyone inform me as to how to tackle this :) it is soooo much appreciated!!

Thanks
Tracy :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 11:45:14 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello RU10962,

You will need to remove the door from the stove. There are two locking clips on the hinges that allows the door to be removed. Once you lock these clips, close the door as far as it will go, and lift the door off. Once removed you will need to disassemble the door, to access the screws holding the handle in place. Replace the handle and reinstall in reverse order. Hope this helps.
RU10962  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 2:13:49 PM(UTC)
RU10962

so no duct tape huh :) thanks for the help! we shall see...
RU10962  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:00:12 AM(UTC)
RU10962

Hi Jeff...So, today I tackled the door....got it all done...now I can not get the door back on! the hinge on the left is like a faulty mouse trap and everytime I breathe it clicks back...the one on the right, appears as though the lock mechanism does not move..any suggestions??

Thanks,

Tracy

You will need to remove the door from the stove. There are two locking clips on the hinges that allows the door to be removed. Once you lock these clips, close the door as far as it will go, and lift the door off. Once removed you will need to disassemble the door, to access the screws holding the handle in place. Replace the handle and reinstall in reverse order. Hope this helps.
Jeff / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:22:06 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hey Tracy. Lock the hinge down and insert it first, then do the right side. See if that helps you reinstall it.
RU10962  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:56:33 AM(UTC)
RU10962

how do you lock it and still get it in there? I am sorry, but soo thankful for you :)
Jeff / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:06:35 PM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

When you pull the hinge out to the half way point, it locks. Since it is flipping on you, try putting the left side on first. Lift the door and lean it toward the stove and slide it over the left hinge first. Then lift the right side and slide it on. These can be tricky to do. Hope this helps.
RU10962  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:00:29 PM(UTC)
RU10962

I see...so aside from breaking the palm of my hand pressing the hinge down I have it in there..but now that its in there it wont clasp on hence the door not really closing to 100% its like 98%...so I walked away :eek: maybe I will try later....after we order out for dinner!! thanks for your expertise...Tricky....I wish you would of told me this the first time you responded...I would of bought another stove :)

Originally Posted by: Jeff / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
When you pull the hinge out to the half way point, it locks. Since it is flipping on you, try putting the left side on first. Lift the door and lean it toward the stove and slide it over the left hinge first. Then lift the right side and slide it on. These can be tricky to do. Hope this helps.
Jeff / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:24:02 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Sorry about all the trouble your having. Most of these are not "tricky" and goes on fairly easy. Yours was a different case. Now that the door is on the hinge, make sure it is seated at the bottom of the hinge on both sides. If it is raised a little, the door will not close all the way. Hope this helps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply