Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KatyTx  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 7:27:46 PM(UTC)
KatyTx

Groups: Registered

I have the above referenced cooktop and am having a problem with one of the igniters. I have reviewed several posts and I think I have an issue with the spark module but want to confirm.

When I depress the front right burner no spark is heard but gas does flow freely. On other burners when I engage the "lite" function on the other burners, all burners spark and light INCLUDING THE FRONT RIGHT. Normally I engage another burner to get the spark in the non-functioning burner but I am concerned that the gas can flow with no spark should it become accidentally engaged.

If in fact the spark module needs to be replaced is that a relatively easy repair and are any special tools required?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

moca1  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 11:09:50 PM(UTC)
moca1

I have the exact same problem with the large R/F burner of my 30”, four burner, GE Profile stove top, (different model # than yours, but I’m sure they’re similar). I also have all four electrode tips showing spark when any of the other three gas knobs are turned on, and have lit the large R/F burner by activating the auto ignitor with another knob while simultaneously turning on the R/F knob so it flows gas.

After removing all the drip pans and burner heads, I checked all the wires and individual electrode tips with an ohmmeter to check for continuity. I have deduced (in my case) that since all four ignitor tips show spark when any of the other three knobs are activated, that means that the central spark module is good and the fault lies with the R/F burner knob which isn’t sending a spark signal to the central module to route to the other burners. I also found that there is an individual spark activation switch at each of the 4 gas knobs (GE Part #WB24T10071). They are listed as a “Switch Gas VLV”.

I’m guessing that the R/F spark switch failed because my wife uses that burner more than the others.

Still in the process of figuring out how to gently lift off the glass stove top without ruining its adhesive seal to reveal the valves and right-side gas block so I can change the faulty spark switch which sits atop the R/F gas valve.
KatyTx  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 6:22:16 AM(UTC)
KatyTx

It does sound like exactly the same issue. If you figure out some way to replace the part without forever damaging the seal please post and let me know. It is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
herbh  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:54:22 AM(UTC)
herbh

Originally Posted by: KatyTx Go to Quoted Post
It does sound like exactly the same issue. If you figure out some way to replace the part without forever damaging the seal please post and let me know. It is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

How would you replacethis harness, the same as replacing a gas valve ?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply