Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moomba  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 7:21:52 AM(UTC)
Moomba

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Moomba Go to Quoted Post
Same questions as above for my Kenmore Trio. Jackhammer noise, coils frosted over to a minor amount but there was a big chunk of ice on copper tubing that feeds the coils. Thawed with hair dryer. Put all back together and freezer went to 18 degrees but refrigerator was warm. Pulled freezer back panel off and no frost/ice problem but noticed the fan is not spinning. Is the fan my problem? Does the fan normally operate when the drawer is open?

Pulled the damper cover over in the frdge compartment and the jackhammer noise is just the damper opening/closing. It is noisy but works. I tested good voltage to evaporator fan motor and it was not spinning. I bought a replacement fan and it powered up as soon as I connected it.
Ready to test..
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:03:58 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Moomba Go to Quoted Post
Pulled the damper cover over in the frdge compartment and the jackhammer noise is just the damper opening/closing. It is noisy but works. I tested good voltage to evaporator fan motor and it was not spinning. I bought a replacement fan and it powered up as soon as I connected it.
Ready to test..

Moomba,

Glad you're up and running, great job you did.

Nothing to test at this point.

Those auto dampers can be noisy, but as long as it's cold in the fresh food,and the auto damper opens and closes properly, you're good to go.

:D :D :D
Moomba  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:59:37 PM(UTC)
Moomba

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Moomba,

Glad you're up and running, great job you did.

Nothing to test at this point.

Those auto dampers can be noisy, but as long as it's cold in the fresh food,and the auto damper opens and closes properly, you're good to go.

:D :D :D

By testing I meant make certain the temps were proper.

I want to thank APP for help with my refrigerator repair as well as help you previously provided for repairs to my dishwasher and convection microwave. It is satisfying to be able to make your own repairs and it's nice to save money too. The parts I've ordered from you came promptly and were cheaper than my local sources.

Mucho Gracias!
gjbrennan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:13:45 PM(UTC)
gjbrennan

Hi, long time lurker....searching for info many, many times. On this topic. My fridge temp is OK, only 'issue' is the noisy damper control - really noisy. The damper control motor 'kicked-in" while I was talking to my brother when we were both in the kitchen...he stopped talking and his eyes got real wide, like OMG, what was that. Does it need replaced if it is only noisy?
Thanks for your help.
gjbrennan  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:15:59 PM(UTC)
gjbrennan

Hi, long time lurker....searching for info many, many times. On this topic. My fridge temp is OK, only 'issue' is the noisy damper control - really noisy. The damper control motor 'kicked-in" while I was talking to my brother when we were both in the kitchen...he stopped talking and his eyes got real wide, like OMG, what was that. Does it need replaced if it is only noisy?
Thanks for your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:16:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gjbrennan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your help.

Gjbrennan,
The damper assemblies are known to get noisy,and still operate properly, for quite a while. Of course, you will need to replace it, eventually the assembly will stick closed or open and you'll have a cooling issue, but you'll be prepared, and ready.

Good Luck and Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply