Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
avalon321  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:52:38 PM(UTC)
avalon321

Groups: Registered

To whom it may concern,

It would be greatly appreciated if a technician or repair person within your site could provide me a link in pdf format that describes the installation of the Drive and Pump Belts for a Maytag lat8204aae washer or a step by step procedure if link is not available. I just purchased the two belts from AppliancePartsPros.com in the hope of repairing my washer on my own. Symptoms are that the tub exhibits poor torque in movement while under load of wash. The unit is approximately 16 years old which would justify the belt overhaul. Any assistance to this matter is well welcomed.

Thank you many,

Sonny D.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:02:37 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortunately Maytag has limited access to its tech manuals, so we cannot link you to them.

If you tilt the machine up (and have someone with you to hold it so it does not fall back on you while you are working on it) you can just roll the belts on.
carrie heinz  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:21:18 PM(UTC)
carrie heinz

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately Maytag has limited access to its tech manuals, so we cannot link you to them.

If you tilt the machine up (and have someone with you to hold it so it does not fall back on you while you are working on it) you can just roll the belts on.

Do you tip the washer forward or backward?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 3:44:48 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would disconnect the fill hoses and remove the drain hose from the standpipe so that you can tilt the machine back. You also need to remove the front panel so that you can check the motor mount. The transmission drive belt is self-adjusting via the sliding motor mount. You need to make sure that the motor slides freely back and forth and isn't binding. If it feels rough, you need to take it apart and clean or replace it. This may be your problem as opposed to belts needing replacement. The pump belt is adjusted by loosening the pump mounting bolts and sliding the pump. Replacing the belts is just a matter of rolling the old ones off and rolling the new ones on. Then you pull the motor forward and hold it there while pinching the pump belt in the middle. There should be approximately 1/4" gap between the inside surfaces of the belt. Adjust pump accordingly.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply