Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drex5483  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 9:58:57 AM(UTC)
drex5483

Groups: Registered

There appears to be another "nut" above the hub nut along with a rubber gasket of some sort. Does this need to be removed first? None of the walk-throughs mention it. They just say to remove the hub nut after you get the air bell coupler off. But this other piece seems to be sitting above the hub nut and blocking it's removal. Is this true? How do I remove it if so?

Background:
Washer motor runs but no tub spinning. Sounds like dying monkeys when it's on: squealing and screeching sounds of metal on metal. To try and find the problem, I removed the agitator and air bell coupling. Next step is the hub nut but it's severely frozen in place. I tried the spanner wrench (link) tightening to the left to break any build-up and then loosening to the right. And I have soaked it in WD40 for a few days now but still no budge. I applied heat from a blow dryer for about 10 minutes while WD40 soaked through but nothing. (I don't have access to a torch and think it would ruin the basket even if I did.)

I'm talking about the black piece above the aluminum hub nut and below the agitator shaft in the attached picture below.
drex5483 attached the following image(s):
i27spd.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.