Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeangarcia  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 2:24:01 PM(UTC)
jeangarcia

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I purchased a Frigidaire free standing gas range from Best Buy in May 2006. Everything worked fine until this past Thanksgiving. The display on the control board (clock/timer) was blank, and none of the buttons were working. I checked to see if there was power coming from the wall outlet. It was working properly. I checked if there was power going through the range. The electric igniters were functioning properly. The only possible explanations are that (1) the control board is not getting power due to faulty wire(s) and/or (2) the control board is dead. Is there a way I can check if the control board still works without purchasing a new one? Is there a way to test if power is coming to the connector? Are there any other explanations that may cause the control board to not function?

Unfortunately, since most of the functions on the range are connected to the control board, the only thing I can use is the top burners.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jean
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.