Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rgeronimo01  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:56:54 AM(UTC)
rgeronimo01

Groups: Registered

Just relocated and the house came with a whirlpool (ED5FHGXKQ02) refrigerator/freezer, which by the way has been functioning fine since I moved in. However since I wasn't sure how old the water filter is decided it best to replace it. As I removed the existing filter, I noticed that the filter was not installed correctly and appears I've been getting the water going directly to the dispenser without being filtered. I've been at the house since October and haven't had any problems with the refrigerator/freezer or water dispenser. But after I went ahead and replaced the filter, ensuring it was correctly inserted, the water dispenser has been dripping at the door none stop. I have had to resort to turning off the water supply at the back of the refrigerator as a temporary fix but even with the supply turned off I'm still getting an occasional drip, but have to believe this is just what was in the line and will probably stop as the supply line is completely dried out. Anyway, my problem is that now I have no water for the icemaker or the water dispenser and I need to have these working without the water dispenser dripping constantly. Any assistance to help fix this problem is greatly appreciated. thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:55:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rgeronimo01 Go to Quoted Post
Just relocated and the house came with a whirlpool (ED5FHGXKQ02) refrigerator/freezer, which by the way has been functioning fine since I moved in. However since I wasn't sure how old the water filter is decided it best to replace it. As I removed the existing filter, I noticed that the filter was not installed correctly and appears I've been getting the water going directly to the dispenser without being filtered. I've been at the house since October and haven't had any problems with the refrigerator/freezer or water dispenser. But after I went ahead and replaced the filter, ensuring it was correctly inserted, the water dispenser has been dripping at the door none stop. I have had to resort to turning off the water supply at the back of the refrigerator as a temporary fix but even with the supply turned off I'm still getting an occasional drip, but have to believe this is just what was in the line and will probably stop as the supply line is completely dried out. Anyway, my problem is that now I have no water for the icemaker or the water dispenser and I need to have these working without the water dispenser dripping constantly. Any assistance to help fix this problem is greatly appreciated. thanks

Rgeronimo,

After replacing the water filter did you flush the dispenser system ?

(run the dispenser until 2 or 3 quarts of water has passed through the system) ?

If you've done that, you may want to install a new tank and check valve on the tubing.

You'll need :

Part number: AP3853368
Part number: AP3853368

Part number: AP4108190
Part number: AP4108190

1 reservoir (tank)

2 Check valves/connectors

The check valves will be installed:

one on the exit tube from/at the the tank,

one on the fill tube at the bottom of the freezer door.

That should solve the problem, if you've flushed the sustem and still have a drip.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply