Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DILJA  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 9:54:20 AM(UTC)
DILJA

Groups: Registered

Had a paper plate in microwave less than 30 seconds. Opened door saw tiny fire with burning around edges of plate. Took it out, and cleaned the inside of microwave. Noticed that microwave does not have a display and is completely powered off. What do I do?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

krzjaz  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:27:53 PM(UTC)
krzjaz

Groups: Registered

Our Ge Profile Microwave
Model PVM
Serial # sm903211b
Mff date Sept 2007
1800gecares( no they really don't Care!)
Ge profle microwave that we purchased from PC Richards caught fire during our christmas eve diner. It was less than 2 years old and had already required the transformer to be replaced by GE service. When I opened the microwave to see what was burning I got a face full of electrical fumes and smoke into my face. My friend managed to get us all out ok, but, this was a very dangerous situation. The smoke was overwhelming. The North babylon Fire Department came and did what they could, including removing the microwave from the wall and placing it outside. To be clear, it was not the food in the micro wave that was burning, it was a mechanical type of issue. GE gave us a case #11520361, this was a serious and dangerous situation, you need to find the other people with this microwave and warn them. This GE PRofile microwave is actually mfg for GE by Samsung, Ge has been giving us the runaround since the fire. GE took our info at their help desk, help desk did not pass the info to the proper dept as per GE and said it was in PC richards responsability, I called GE back Tuesday, they, they took asked for more info, told me to contact electric insurance group. Ge said thier tech had to look at it, mind you the fire happened Christmas EVE and they didn't get a tech to us till Thursday Dec. 30. GE would not authorize any clean up, hotel, or anything even though we let them know we have asthma. Their lawyer called me asking for info such as price of claim/damages, I didn't have that info.condesending Lawyer, Samsung called, the microwave was mfg by Samsung for GE profile. Their insurance is Chubb, It is now Thurday DEC 30, and still no authorization given for the clean up, hotel, or anything. They are dragging this out. DO NOT TRUST GE! DO NOT BUY GE! The transformer for the GE is SAMSUNG and others have had this problem. google GE microwave fire. The transformer is the apparantely the same one in SAmsung microwave. When you google Ge microwave fire you will see just how many other people have this problem. PS it is not true/full stainless steel and it rusts! DO NOT BUY GE PROFILE OR SAMSUNG. Call Consumer protection agency, Federal trade commission, and attorney general if you have this type of problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply