Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hs545  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2007 1:54:33 AM(UTC)
hs545

Groups: Registered

Dual Fuel range with an electric oven. Baking has been poor, set the oven for 350 thermometer reads 300. Tried resetting the control board to defaults, checked for temp offset and added 25 degrees (this is the max) now it is off by 25 degrees. Checked what appears to be the temp probe and it is clean. I suppose the problem is in the control board. Any known problems of this type on this model?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2007 1:21:55 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Typically, 25 degrees is all that most manufacturers will allow you to adjust the temperature by. If the difference is greater than 25 degrees, then the control board needs to be replaced. I've gone through a few service bulletins and don't see anything related to this problem. It's really not a common problem, you just got "lucky".

I do show that this board was redesigned some time ago. No reason specified. The only difference that I see here is the price - used to be $144 (manufacturer suggested retail), now it's $221 (MSR). We sell the board for $196.95 and it will take about 2-3 weeks to get. Special order part with Bosch.
hs545  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 4:11:08 AM(UTC)
hs545

Thanks for your response, may have fixed the problem by rebooting the range. Since this is a microprocessor controlled appliance I guessed that the CPU may have become scrammbled, flipped the breaker off and waited a couple of minutes and powered it back up. Checked the temp and it is right on! Will keep an eye on it.
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 11:43:12 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sounds good. Hopefully that does it. Keep us posted.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply