Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
neustkg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:51:45 PM(UTC)
neustkg

Groups: Registered

For some reason, the water dispenser on the freezer door isn't working. Was working this morning, so when it stopped, I thought the filter (located in upper right hand corner of fridge) might need replacing. Replaced it and still no flow. When I took the old filter off, I emptied it and put it back on and tried the water dispenser again. I took the filter off while pushing the water lever and there was definitely pressure to the filter as it popped off hard. I think the ice maker is still getting water (I'll know for sure when I check it later as I emptied out some of the ice).

Is there any automatic shutoff for the water dispenser? Or any quick fixes? I'm hoping I don't have a clogged line. There is definitely no water puddles under the fridge, so no internal leaks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:56:17 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Take the bottom kick plate off the refrigerator. The water line comes from the back, and goes up into the freezer door, under the freezer door, or a little under the refrigerator front, should be a quick connect. Pop it off, and then ask for water, and see if it comes out over there. If not, and you hear the valve kick in, in the back, the water tank inside the refrigerator, behind the bottom crisper draws could be frozen. Get a blow dryer, and heat it up, and then see if the water comes out of the tube, that you took off. If so hook it back up, and see if it comes out. When you do take the line off, and the water does come out, the water is frozen in the freezer door. Take the food off of the door, and get a blow dryer, and heat up the inner door liner, and then check it from time to time and see if the water comes out. If either of these work, turn the temp down a little. If this does not work. It will either be the dispenser switch, or the water valve. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
thegr81  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:45:18 AM(UTC)
thegr81

Thank you kayakcrzy. I followed your post below and was able to fix the issue. My water pipe in the freezer door was frozen. Few more tips for anyone going to try this out again.
- It happened to me because i went on vacation and put my home temp to 52. I have had no issues till 55.
- To disconnect the quick connect - just read the small not attached. It will show you the picture and the steps. Basically push the small ring in and pull the tube in the opposite direction.

Again thanks a lot kayakcrzy!!

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Take the bottom kick plate off the refrigerator. The water line comes from the back, and goes up into the freezer door, under the freezer door, or a little under the refrigerator front, should be a quick connect. Pop it off, and then ask for water, and see if it comes out over there. If not, and you hear the valve kick in, in the back, the water tank inside the refrigerator, behind the bottom crisper draws could be frozen. Get a blow dryer, and heat it up, and then see if the water comes out of the tube, that you took off. If so hook it back up, and see if it comes out. When you do take the line off, and the water does come out, the water is frozen in the freezer door. Take the food off of the door, and get a blow dryer, and heat up the inner door liner, and then check it from time to time and see if the water comes out. If either of these work, turn the temp down a little. If this does not work. It will either be the dispenser switch, or the water valve. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 5:06:42 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Good Job. So glad to help. Tom
chenulu  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:41:13 PM(UTC)
chenulu

Hello Tom,

I have the same problem and checked everything that you mentioned above and it looks like the water dispenser switch. Can you please let me know how to replace it?

Thanks in Advance
Chenulu
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:16:04 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: chenulu Go to Quoted Post
hello tom,

i have the same problem and checked everything that you mentioned above and it looks like the water dispenser switch. can you please let me know how to replace it?

thanks in advance
chenulu

well, without a model #, i would say, you have to pull off the front cover of the dispenser. get a putty knife and start at the bottom, and start poping it off. it ain't easy, just tug on it. you won't break it. once you get it off, you will be able to see everything. tom
J24Soup  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 8:52:55 PM(UTC)
J24Soup

Water dispenser stopped working a few months ago, then last week the ice maker quit. If I disconnect the water from the wall, it will make the buzzing sound opening up the valve, but if the water is on and pressurized, it won't work. If I relieve the pressure then turn it on while the switch is being pressed - water will flow through the whole system. I read on the back that there is a limit to the inlet pressure - could that be causing it, or need to replace the valve/switch assembly? (Model #1065752791, part on the valve assembly 2182106). Thanks...
BenRiley86  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 12:50:10 PM(UTC)
BenRiley86

Ice maker works fine, and water come out nice at first but within ten seconds it barely trickles out... then just stops? Any ideas, sorry guys just a young guy trying to help out his parents house! Thanks
pirate2229  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:15:57 AM(UTC)
pirate2229

Originally Posted by: thegr81 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you kayakcrzy. I followed your post below and was able to fix the issue. My water pipe in the freezer door was frozen. Few more tips for anyone going to try this out again.
- It happened to me because i went on vacation and put my home temp to 52. I have had no issues till 55.
- To disconnect the quick connect - just read the small not attached. It will show you the picture and the steps. Basically push the small ring in and pull the tube in the opposite direction.

Again thanks a lot kayakcrzy!!

I had the same problem. I uncoiled (not disconnected) the water line on the refrigerator side and put it outside the fridge for about 4 hours. The ice in the line melted and i had good flow. I put the line back in the fridge, half of the tubing up high and the other half at the bottom. I used zip ties to secure the upper half to the shelving standards.
Make sure you keep the tubing away from the light bulbs.
I've had no problems since.

Pirate
krazykajun  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:42:18 AM(UTC)
krazykajun

Thank You Cher',
Mine was not working no and I do what you told and now it work just good! I'll have to fix you up a pot of gumbo someday T.

Merci!

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply