Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SkidSTG  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:58:03 AM(UTC)
SkidSTG

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune TL (FAV6800AWQ , Serial # 10178127EC) that starts and stops after the wash cycle begins. It fills up fine but starts and stops/pauses and the time doesn't lapse. On a normal load setting it seems to get stuck at 32 minutes. It doesn't drain either but I can do manually by going to the diagnostic mode. After trying to run a load of clothes in the Quick Wash mode (starts at 29 min) it basically stalls at the 23 minutes. The washer starts....runs for 4-5 seconds the stops again and just continues to repeat. The timer never goes lower than 23 minutes. Also getting a pretty loud squeel as it trys to run but the belt is still turning. When I ran the Quick Spin test with no clothes in the machine, I get a reading of 56 (560rpms) but the noise persists

Any one have a solution for this one?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 2:50:29 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Groups: Registered

I have a few in the family and do all my own work as an owner.

I'm no expert but I'm at home with the machine.....I’ll try to help.

From what you describe (you have the front cover pulled off) is the squealing sound while you are in spin cycle of the wash cycle? The Clutch pulley rotates CW in Agitate/Wash direction and CCW in the Spin direction.

The issue you describe is around the start of the 1st Spin cycle of the Quick Wash cycle for me;””After trying to run a load of clothes in the Quick Wash mode (starts at 29 min) it basically stalls at the 23 minutes.””

If the Wash basket only spun up to 550 RPM (.55) on the display with an unloaded/empty Wash Basket then I feel you may have may have some Outer Tub bearing issues (drag). Is the squeal you are describe taking place during the Spin Cycle. Did you hear any squeal or Outer Tub bearing noise during the Quick Spin Test. Try that test with a wet load in the wash basket?

What is Max RPM that the Quick Spin Test will spin up the Wash Basket with a wet wash load?

In Quick Spin Test I still can the wash basket will spin up to 850 RPM (.85) the max for the FAV6800A TL unloaded and if memory serves me slightly below that with a wet load.

If you spin the an empty wash basket as fast as you can CCW (the spin direction) the wash basket should rotate CCW several rotations and coast down to a gentle stop. You should be able to rotate the wash basket with one finger (pinky) with very light rotational resistance; can you describe what the CCW Wash Basket rotational resistance is like?

Good news for Series 10 and 11 owners if this is Outer Tub Bearing drag you machine is a Series 10 and you can use 6207-2RS bearings if the troubleshooting takes us in that direction.

Series 12 and above machinbes that don't use the upper One-Way Roller Clutch bearing ring have an additional challange but those Series machines can use the 6207-2RS Outer Tub bearings with some additional changes.

How much down time can you tolerate and do you intend to DIY the fix?

That reminds me I have a follow up post to submit for some Outer Tub bearing and Spinner Support bearing replacement work I helped a fellow forum member with last week we did all the work via e-mail.

He did an great job on saving his FAV6800A TL from bulk trash pick up.

Dick
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply