Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CircoTribe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:31:26 PM(UTC)
CircoTribe

Groups: Registered

I'm sorry, but my HE3T is beyond repair. The main bearing is gone and the plastic glider that the tub sits in is broken. It's time to replace the machine. I want a front loader that is a work horse for a family of six with two in diapers. Lots of jeans and dirty clothes need to be washed. I want this machine to last longer than 4 years! My local appliance store owner suggested that I should get the Speed Queen front loader which he services. I was thinking about a Bosch Nexxt 500 plus which has no service in our area. I plan to buy the extended warranty this time, but if I didn't, which machine would be easier for us to fix? Any opinions?

I'm sorry I put this on the repair forum, but repairmen know what the repair records are like. I don't know who else to ask.

Meanwhile, I will check out the repair forums for these machines.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 2:57:42 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

I sell the Speed Queen Samsung LG and Frigidaire. The Speed Queen is a very sound machine and pretty much bullet proof as Speed Queen has always been on the commercial side and thier domestic washer is basically what you find in Laundry mats. Its a tank and will give you years of service. they are a little more expensive at 1600.00 and the tub is a little smaller but a 3 year warranty parts and Labor best in the industry.
Drags1998  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:43:07 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

I just went to school on the new Frigidaire FL washer and for Not a lot of money they look GREAT!!!!! Your WP-FL SHOULD have lasted longer!!! What kind of He soap are you using??? Remember to ONLY to use 1/4 cap or LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will ensure a long happy life!!!!!!:)
CircoTribe  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:29:33 PM(UTC)
CircoTribe

Can you help me understand how the detergent makes a difference? I figure it wore out from washing diapers for two on the sanitary cycle twice a week, plus my children playing in the backyard and getting pretty dirty, so I use the soak feature often. Lots of jeans, lots of towels, lots of laundry. Extra high spin for jeans, towels and diapers. No one ever told me that what detergent I used would make a difference on the life of my machine!

Please explain!

When it comes to a new washer, I need a workhorse. I figure a workhorse will do a bigger load. Effeciency is important to me, both in energy and water, but I care even more about getting my clothes clean.

Thank you for weighing in with your opinions!

By the way, the automatic notification is not working...
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:50:05 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

I'll try, He det. creates No or very little suds, What happens when you use regular soap is you have suds in the machine, the suds will "work" its way into the rear bearing where it "breaks-down" the GREASE in the bearing, causing it to FAIL!!!! I don't understand why customers don't follow the owners manual, The He soap is no more costly to use, does a better job, and is available everywhere. Plus, the washer will last longer. Hope this helps!!!:)
CircoTribe  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:59:07 PM(UTC)
CircoTribe

Well, that makes sense! I am one to read the manual before using something. I did everything that I absorbed. I have been through the trouble shooting pages a few times, but didn't go back to see what I missed the first time.

When I train Awana leaders, I tell them that they won't get everything the first time, so be sure they read their training manual later when they can absorb more. I should have gone back a few times to the basics.

I just read where it suggests using HE detergent for best performance. If they had told me "why" I think it would have stuck with me. Explaining why low sudsing is so important would have made it something I would have remembered the first time, instead of telling me it's okay to use my regular detergent, but only use 1/6. I forgot the "1/6" part too. We only saw the "suds" routine a handful of times. I work better when things are told to me in a concrete fashion.

Yep, I read the book, just forgot one part and did see why the other part is so important.

So, should I give the HE5T a second chance? Is the Duet the same only a different name? I really liked my HE3T, I just was sad it died so soon!

Meanwhile, I'm using a borrowed top loader that uses way too much water! It is quite a shock to see that tub fill up after using the front loader for four years!

Thank you for your explanation! That really helps us to understand. We will do better with the next machine because of your help!

Now, I need to figure out what to get next. I thought I wanted a Bosch Nexxt 500 plus. I like the features (4.2 cubic feet, profile wash, many options), but it looks like service in not available in our area. I was told the Speed Queen is a work horse and will last a lot longer, but it costs a lot, it's smaller and I don't see an option for high heat for diapers nor no spin for delicates. This is the best month for buying appliances. I feel like I need to make a decision soon. The Frigidaire didn't look like it rated very highly in the Consumer Reports. The Samsung VRT Silver Care was suggested too. I like the idea of something balancing itself and being so quiet. The Silver Care, I'm not so sure of, and there is not a long track record yet.

Okay, any more suggestions for maximizing my dollar?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! It is much appreciated!
Drags1998  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:45:30 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Sheri, The up-dated WPOOL is not that much different than the old one! The other thing you NEED to know is that Maytag,Speed Queen,Amana,Crosley,Admiral and Jenn Air are ALL owned by WHIRLPOOL!!! So, Be careful what you buy!!! You could end up with the SAME WASHER with DIFFERENT NAME!!!!!!!!!! :D
v2k04  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:53:24 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Speed Queen is NOT owned by Whirlpool or Maytag. They are thier own company.
v2k04  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 12:02:24 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Speed Queen also has a temp boost machine ATSA5AWN, Also Samsung has a very good machine as well They have silver Care and VRT. Very cool and Built strong.The silver Bars are warranted for 10 years They claim you can wash in cold water with no bleach by using the silver care option. Silver kills 99.9% of odor causing bacteria
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply