Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nancy10  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 8:33:07 AM(UTC)
Nancy10

Groups: Registered

Washer won't fill with water 75% of the time, but will wash and spin no problem. I've been filling it with a hose for the wash and rinse cycles. Would it be some kind of timer or something I need to replace?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 6:30:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The first thing to check for is a blockage in your inlet valve. They have little filter screens that tend to get clogged. Then check out the hose from the tub to the water level switch and make sure it is not blocked. You do these first not because they are the most likely problem, but because it does not cost anything.

If they are ok, use a meter to see if the valve assembly is getting power when it is supposed to be filling. If so, replace the valve assembly. If not, try replacing the water level switch.
Nancy10  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
Nancy10

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The first thing to check for is a blockage in your inlet valve. They have little filter screens that tend to get clogged. Then check out the hose from the tub to the water level switch and make sure it is not blocked. You do these first not because they are the most likely problem, but because it does not cost anything.

If they are ok, use a meter to see if the valve assembly is getting power when it is supposed to be filling. If so, replace the valve assembly. If not, try replacing the water level switch.

The water level switch is most likely the problem....because if I play with the switch it will start to fill. Thanks so much I'll try replaceing that first.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 5:24:44 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Good, let us know how it turns out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply