Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
malthound  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:08:33 PM(UTC)
malthound

Groups: Registered

Some time back, (early summer) we put the oven thru a clean cycle after which the oven stopped working. The control panel worked, but the oven just didn't get warm. Thinking I burned out the element, I ordered another one, but it didn't change/fix the problem. After chasing things down with my voltmeter, no voltage was making it to the element so I came to the conclusion the control unit was the problem. After waiting the entire summer, I finally got around to ordering another one and just installed it this evening and immediately got an F1 error code. After chasing down some posts, there seems to be some suggestion that either the oven sensor may be at fault or the control unit was bad out of the box. I did notice that the unit seems to have some differences on the circuit board in comparison to the original one, but the part numbers match up per the diagram. I measure the oven sensor and it reads totally open so I went ahead and ordered one. So.....now I have new versions of the element, control panel, and soon to be the sensor, but I have a hunch that I don't need all these parts. Any thoughts on common failures after cleaning?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

malthound  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:06:58 PM(UTC)
malthound

Update: I re-installed the original control panel, and now that one is showing an F1 as well. This is weird, and it sucks because what was a usable stove now won't work at all because the panel just keeps beeping. all the error codes on the forum say that F1 denotes a bad control panel, but 2 units?? And one that worked perfectly fine until I replaced it? Logic says that something else is wrong.
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:12:34 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

I am thinking that there are 2 boards on this unit. the control board and a relay board. If i recall an F1 means that the relay board is getting power when it should not, could mean a bad wire connector or relay board. Let me look a bit further
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:14:21 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

I see now there is only one board
malthound  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:17:03 PM(UTC)
malthound

I'm thinking I've done something wrong when I replaced the board, but I can't imagine what it would be. It's pretty straightforward.
abadfish66  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:17:37 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

can you take an ohms reading with the sensor unplugged? you should read abot 1100 ohms at room temp
malthound  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:23:26 PM(UTC)
malthound

The sensor reads about 5700. I ordered another one, but I'm trying to find a way to shut the F1 code off until the sensor gets here.
abadfish66  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:25:52 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

If you are reading 5700 ohms at room temp your sensor is definatly bad and that is your problem. You can unplug the oven to get rid of the beeping till you get the sensor.
malthound  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:37:15 PM(UTC)
malthound

I tried unplugging the sensor, and the code changes to F3, then back to F1 when I plug it back in. The stove works in this mode, and the beeping stops after 10 seconds or so. I'm still confused as to why this problem just started. If the sensor was bad all along, why would I suddenly be getting the F1?
abadfish66  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:47:52 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

F3 is a bad sensor error code, and that makes sense when you unplug it but since ther is resistance in the sensor you are getting an F1 code I would have to look at the specs, but I would guess 5700 ohms is telling the board the temp is around 300 degrees when the oven is off.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply