Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stebbs  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 7:11:42 AM(UTC)
stebbs

Groups: Registered

Hi,

To date I have done the following:
[LIST=1]
  • Replaced Hi-Limit Switch (located behind display panel) - thinking the old one might be stuck open
  • Replaced the Electronic Oven Control (EOC) - the display was blank or sometimes extremely dim
  • Replaced Circuit Board - to eliminate Fault Codes and beeping
  • Replaced Bottom Element in oven - the old one blew up by litarally popping and flashing
  • Replaced Top Element in oven - did this since I was in repalcing the bottom, I thought I might as well replace the top[/LIST]The EOC works great, so does the bottom and top elements, no more fault codes or beeping driving us crazy, so now I am trying to narrow the problem down. Currently to get the top element off I have to turn the power completely off at the breaker panel.

This is frustrating to say the least. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steve

P.S. I do not have the owners manual and service manual as this unit was with the house when we bought the home. So I am completely relying on Appliance Parts Pros for help. Again thanks for any assistance.
  • Sponsor
    See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
    #2 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 9:08:21 AM(UTC)
    Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: stebbs Go to Quoted Post
    Hi,

[LIST=1]
  • Replaced Hi-Limit Switch (located behind display panel) - thinking the old one might be stuck open
  • Replaced the Electronic Oven Control (EOC) - the display was blank or sometimes extremely dim
  • Replaced Bottom Element in oven - the old one blew up by litarally popping and flashing
  • Replaced Top Element in oven - did this since I was in repalcing the bottom, I thought I might as well replace the top[/LIST]The EOC works great, so does the bottom and top elements, no more fault codes or beeping driving us crazy, so now I am trying to narrow the problem down. Currently to get the top element off I have to turn the power completely off at the breaker panel.

Steve

P.S. I do not have the owners manual and service manual as this unit was with the house when we bought the home. So I am completely relying on Appliance Parts Pros for help. Again thanks for any assistance.

• Steve,

What was the original problem, and what fail codes did you have ?

When you replaced the circuit board is this the part

Part number: AP4008573
    Part number: AP4008573

And you're sure you installed the wires correctly ?

Did you also check the wires to the broil element for possible shorted wires to the chassis ?

Hope to hear from you soon,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    stebbs  
    #3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 6:33:25 PM(UTC)
    stebbs

Groups: Registered

Joe,

Thanks for the response. The original problem was the oven would beep and flash F3 on the EOC. I visited APP, read a few threads, and thought that possibly the Circuit Board might be the issue. Yes, to your question on Part number: AP4008573 as that was exactly what I had ordered and installed after researching my Jenn Air model number sve476004w.

I very carefully wired the board just the way the original was currently installed. I took my time because I barely know anything about electricity/wiring so I know I did it exactly as I saw it on the board.

After putting in the circuit board the EOC continued to get more dim as time went on and finally blanked completely within past two months. This was an inconvenience but we worked around it until the oven finally flashed and popped, startling my wife about three weeks ago. But that was the lower element that had shorted out and we had no problems with the upper element. I just thought when I was ordering the new element for the bottom I would order the top one two as sort of a preventive maintenance issue. Now the upper won't turn off.

The one thing I did not do is your last question: I did not check the element wires for possible shorts to the chassis. I will do that either tomorrow or Wednesday night and report back to you. When I replaced them I simply unscrewed the screws, pulled the elements towards the front of the oven to expose the connectors, popped them off, put the new elements in and replaced the screws. Maybe I didn't get a good connection when putting the connectors back on the elements? Or the wires got shorted out somehow?

Regardless, I will be back in touch in a couple of days.

Thanks again.

Steve
    Joe / APP Team  
    #4 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:06:15 AM(UTC)
    Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: stebbs Go to Quoted Post
    Hi,

[LIST=1]

Steve

• Steve,

The Broil element staying on , was not part of the original complaint, correct ?

Do you still have the original Broil element ?

I reccomend you compare the two elements for exactness, You may have to bend the terminal ends down at a 90 degree angle, so they don't touch the back panel shield, if the element has straight terminals instead of the 90 degree terminals.

Let us know what you find,

:) :) :)
    Quick Reply Show Quick Reply