Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smr277  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:12:31 PM(UTC)
smr277

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag stackable model SG7800 that is about 15 years old. It has never needed repair, but lately the clothes are sometimes still soaking wet at the end. It is spinning, but apparently just not enough. There is also some water left at the bottom sometimes, but not a lot. Also, it seems that the more clothes in it, the more soaked they are at the end.

Based on my research, it seems that it might be a belt problem, so I checked the belts and they are not broken, but do look aged (shiny smooth surface as opposed to rubery looking). I am also going to check the pump hoses to see if they are clogged, but I doubt that since it does drain most of the water.

Before I order new belts, does it sound like I'm on the right track, or am I missing something?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.