Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rej1906  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 7:12:40 PM(UTC)
rej1906

Groups: Registered

Sorry, I hit the send button too quickly.

I have a GE Profile Quiet Power III Dishwasher that now fails to successfully start the wash cycle. When I hit the start button, I hear water running into the tub, a whir/grinding noise, then more water running. It used to be that I would hear water running, a whir/grinding noise, then a big swish as the cycle successfully started. The front panel lights look normal.

I removed the front cover of the door, just to see what might be involved with a self repair, and the circuitry and wires look good, i.e. no coating residue. I did not do any type of testing. It looked like the simpliest thing would be to try and replace the Timer Sequence (Part number 144-001) since it did seem to have a slightly "heated" electrical smell. Am I on the right track here, or is there another larger problem manifesting itself causing too much current to go through the switch??

Also, I see discussion about error codes. How would I read them for this dishwasher?? Do you have to have a special device, or would the codes somehow blink a sequence on the front panel lights??

I am an electrical engineer, so I can trace most circuitry, if I know what I'm looking for. Also, I'm pretty handy about fixing things around the house, again, if I know what I'm looking for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

rej1906
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.