Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bigfoot100  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:39:00 PM(UTC)
Bigfoot100

Groups: Registered

Just got this fridge about 2 weeks ago. Icemaker seemed to work ok for a while, but has now stopped making ice altogether. Water comes out the water dispenser just fine, and I can't see any kinks in either of the plastic water lines that feed up into the Freezer door.

This is the in-door ice system, where the icemaker is actually in the door, above the bucket.

I can hear what sounds like the thing attempting to get water into the icemaker periodically. But, still no ice.

The optical sensor deal seems to have a clear path across. Should I be able to see the light beam?

Also, I've seen on this and other forums discussions about a Status LED that should blink when the door is opened. Whwere is this Status LED?

Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:27:39 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bigfoot100 Go to Quoted Post
Just got this fridge about 2 weeks ago. Icemaker seemed to work ok for a while, but has now stopped making ice altogether. Water comes out the water dispenser just fine, and I can't see any kinks in either of the plastic water lines that feed up into the Freezer door.

This is the in-door ice system, where the icemaker is actually in the door, above the bucket.

I can hear what sounds like the thing attempting to get water into the icemaker periodically. But, still no ice.

The optical sensor deal seems to have a clear path across. Should I be able to see the light beam?

Also, I've seen on this and other forums discussions about a Status LED that should blink when the door is opened. Whwere is this Status LED?

Thanks!!

Bigfoot,

You may have a frozen fill tube to the ice maker,(from the sounds of things).

No, you can't see the infrared beam in the freezer compartment.

The thing is, Your machine is Brand new and under warranty.

You need to have service out to solve your problem, so you don't void anything to do with your machine.

I know it's a lot of hassle, but you'd be better off in the long run.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Bigfoot100  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:34:34 AM(UTC)
Bigfoot100

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think we're going to end up returning this thing altogether, but I hoped to be able to have ice production in the meantime. You're right, I don't want to void the warranty!
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:16:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think we're going to end up returning this thing altogether, but I hoped to be able to have ice production in the meantime. You're right, I don't want to void the warranty!

Bigfoot,

That's probably for the best, like I said before.

You could still check the fill tube for ice and melt it with a hair dryer in the mean time, if that's whats wrong ??

Bigfoot100  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 6:52:05 PM(UTC)
Bigfoot100

Hey - Thanks for that tip, it worked!!! I removed the two screws that hold the icemaker cover on, removed the cover, and then simply probed gently with a screwdriver in the area where the water is supposed to come out into the icemaker. Didn't seem like I had really done anything, but I guess I must have dislodged a blockage, because it works fine now. Cool!

Thanks again for the tip.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:44:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hey - Thanks for that tip, it worked!!! I removed the two screws that hold the icemaker cover on, removed the cover, and then simply probed gently with a screwdriver in the area where the water is supposed to come out into the icemaker. Didn't seem like I had really done anything, but I guess I must have dislodged a blockage, because it works fine now. Cool!

Thanks again for the tip.

You're welcome,

That ought to keep you going, until they get your replacement in.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Bigfoot100  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:48:31 AM(UTC)
Bigfoot100

Just thought I'd update this to let you know that it stopped working again after a day or two. Very frustrating...
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 10:31:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Just thought I'd update this to let you know that it stopped working again after a day or two. Very frustrating...

Bigfoot,

You may want to get out your use and care manual(owner's manual).

Some of those designed units have a ice maker fill tube heater, that you can turn on or off as needed.

I'm wanderring if your's has that option and has come off the line with the heater off and you may need to turn it on.

The other possibilities are rather drastic and I don't believe they would apply in your case.

Low water pressure to your new fridge.
Twisted or kinked water line or tube to the ice maker
Void in the insulation of the freezer door.
Freezer temperature too low(3 to 5 degrees f. reccomended).

Maybe, that could solve the problem ?

Bigfoot100  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 10:55:32 AM(UTC)
Bigfoot100

Thanks for the suggestions, Joe. I was excited about the possibility of a heater, but I just scoured my manual and found nothing about such a thing on my unit. Maybe it needs one!

I checked the tubing that comes up from under the unit and thru the bottom of the freezer door, and found no kinks. And the icemaker was producing ice nicely for a day or so.

We have the freezer temp set around 0, so hopefully that's not too low.

And the water pressure is not great, but we do get water from the water dispenser, and that seems to work fine. A bit slow, but it does work.

I may try a blowdryer tonight just to see if it's freezup that's blocking the tube.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 1:35:20 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the suggestions, Joe. I was excited about the possibility of a heater, but I just scoured my manual and found nothing about such a thing on my unit. Maybe it needs one!

I checked the tubing that comes up from under the unit and thru the bottom of the freezer door, and found no kinks. And the icemaker was producing ice nicely for a day or so.

We have the freezer temp set around 0, so hopefully that's not too low.

And the water pressure is not great, but we do get water from the water dispenser, and that seems to work fine. A bit slow, but it does work.

I may try a blowdryer tonight just to see if it's freezup that's blocking the tube.

Bigfoot,

Last resort...

Get your technical data sheet(located behind the kickplate on the front of the unit).

There should be a test and programming procedure to access the board programs and test components.

Once you review that, and if you feel you can do it, go through the process and see if you can program the heater on.
(hopefully you have one ??).

Good Luck,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply