Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
needhelp105  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:44:25 AM(UTC)
needhelp105

Groups: Registered

After the last wash I noticed the green light indicating the dishes were clean wasn't on. After opening the dishwasher I saw that the bottom of the dishwasher was filled with water. I emptied the dishwasher (all the dishes were clean) and tried pressing the Cancel/Drain button but nothing happened. I tried the Light Wash button but again nothing happened. No lights are on and none of the buttons are working.

I looked to see if any plugs in a nearby outlet under the sink (the dishwasher is located beneath the counter next to the sink) and I didn't see anything unplugged. I have not tried to pull the dishwasher out in fear of doing damage to the dishwasher as well as hurting myself in the process (haha).

This is my mother's dishwasher and I do not know much about the dishwasher. I'm assuming she has had this dishwasher for about 5 years. Getting a new dishwasher or calling a repair man to fix this one is the last resort because money is tight. I hope to try to fix this by myself.

The model number is DU943PWKTO, the serial number is FM3921736 and the type is 280-2

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to try to repair this or let me know if the dishwasher is a lost cause and a new one is needed so I don't have to call in a repair man and pay him to tell me to buy a new dishwasher.

Thank you for any help you can give me!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:40:04 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: needhelp105 Go to Quoted Post
After the last wash I noticed the green light indicating the dishes were clean wasn't on. After opening the dishwasher I saw that the bottom of the dishwasher was filled with water. I emptied the dishwasher (all the dishes were clean) and tried pressing the Cancel/Drain button but nothing happened. I tried the Light Wash button but again nothing happened. No lights are on and none of the buttons are working.

I looked to see if any plugs in a nearby outlet under the sink (the dishwasher is located beneath the counter next to the sink) and I didn't see anything unplugged. I have not tried to pull the dishwasher out in fear of doing damage to the dishwasher as well as hurting myself in the process (haha).

This is my mother's dishwasher and I do not know much about the dishwasher. I'm assuming she has had this dishwasher for about 5 years. Getting a new dishwasher or calling a repair man to fix this one is the last resort because money is tight. I hope to try to fix this by myself.

The model number is DU943PWKTO, the serial number is FM3921736 and the type is 280-2

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to try to repair this or let me know if the dishwasher is a lost cause and a new one is needed so I don't have to call in a repair man and pay him to tell me to buy a new dishwasher.

Thank you for any help you can give me!!

Needhelp,

If you have voltage to the machine , like you think,

And the control board display has no lights and unit does nothing,

You need to start at the door switch(s), control thermal fuse and the control board

You most likely have an open thermal fuse, in the control panel(pretty common).

I've attached part numbers for the parts you may need, including a service manual, and the Technical Data Sheet, so you'll have a rough idea of what to check and the circuits you'll need to check.

If or when you're ready and need more assistance, drop us a line.

:) :) :)

(click on numbers for info)

Part number: AP3175633
Mark C.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:57:48 PM(UTC)
Mark C.

Mine is doing the exact same thing, whirlpool also, where is the thermal fuse located, I oprened the control panel and bought an ohm meter, will need a little help from there though. Thanks.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 5:27:59 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Mark C. Go to Quoted Post
Mine is doing the exact same thing, whirlpool also, where is the thermal fuse located, I oprened the control panel and bought an ohm meter, will need a little help from there though. Thanks.

Mark,

Not all dishwashers have a control panel thermal fuse, or the same one.

Do you have the model number, so we can varify if you do, and direct you from there.

But in general, the control panel fuse is in the door switch circuit , from the door switch to the control panel power inlet connector(wire).

And the wires are tan/brown,if you have the same style unit.

(see picture on previous post AP3115186 ).

Drop us a line,

Thanks,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Mark C.  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 6:30:28 AM(UTC)
Mark C.

Joe, Thanks for the ewply, my model number is weird, most part places do not show it, it is DU1345XTV80, that is off the sticker, I did find the thermal fuse, it is round, which is why I couldnt find it. It is bad and I am looking for one local, Thanks Again.
Mark C.  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 6:33:16 AM(UTC)
Mark C.

I checked it and the ohm meter did not move, I checked a regular fuse and the neddle moved. Does that mean its bad?
Mark C.  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
Mark C.

Joe the serial number is FY0904726, it is a whirlpool quiet partner two. Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 7:08:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Mark C. Go to Quoted Post
Joe the serial number is FY0904726, it is a whirlpool quiet partner two. Thanks

Mark,

Thanks for the information,

Yes, you have an open thermal fuse, it should have a circuit through it like the other fuses.

It took a while( this is a new unit / less than a year old) but,

Here's your part number for the fuse,
(click on number for info)

Part number: AP4423189
Part number: AP4423189

Good Luck,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
dgdl441  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:31:02 AM(UTC)
dgdl441

Online shopping has been a trend now, so if you want to buy cheap boots isn`t a problem. The important question is what kind of boots style you like, in order to show it in front of your loved person? If so, the best quality and cheap boots is essential. our company Ugg boots not only beautiful but also very good quality,that is why in winter, best choices for women boots must be ugg boots. So where can buy best quality and cheap ugg boots. It is the focus of this article. First of all,the Internet so developed, it is also more stores of ugg boots will dazzling you, right? So hard to get one pairs nice boots to fited yourself. You have to sure your size, color, or even boot`s weight you have to consider too. When you think about the appearance of the boots, then you can start shopping. Here in www.ugg5803.com you can find all the newest ugg boots, and sizes are also able to choose, as long as you know your size. If you want to get big quantity of ugg boots or wholesale ugg boots,you also can choose from www.ugg5803.com. All the ugg boots are designed by the designer, using a high-grade suede material. Also ugg boots been made exquisite, so it can been a birthday gift or Christmas gift too !If you login web site after do not know how to deal,Can also be contacted,Their contact email is: service@ugg5803.com.If you have any better suggestions for products or website,You can also passed this email to contact. Original article: Transfer from www.ugg5803.com reproduced please specify
mpact  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:10:46 AM(UTC)
mpact

My problem is the same as needhelp's. I have the same model and type #'s. I have remove the thermal fuse. Am I looking for any visible signs of an open fuse?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply