Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
george4051  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:04:10 AM(UTC)
george4051

Groups: Registered

Hello,

After 6 yrs, my Maytag Neptune TL washer is beginning to show it's age. The problem I'm having is the washer "will not spin" when it reaches the Spin Only cycle. The washer will run a complete cycle if the tub is empty, but when washing clothes it encounters the UC code, becomes unbalanced and will reverse back to the Rinse cycle. Other posts have pointed to lubing or replacing the pulley/clutch or could it be the tub displacement sensor. All help and ideas are greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:16:00 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Hey George,

If the machine banging around as you enter Spin Cycle of the Wash Cycle or a Spin Only Cycle and errors out with an unbalance error code such as dC or uC then the TDS is not the issue. See if this post will help you properly diagnose the fail point and DIY the fix… Maytag Neptune load unbalance

I’m no expert but I own the machine and have some hands on experience and will try to help…..Dick
george4051  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:04:08 AM(UTC)
george4051

Hey Dick,

Thanks so much for reaching out to me. I checked out your link to a previous post and think I have a few skills to do the job. I will tackle it on Wed. and report back either way. Thanks again!
george4051  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:36:44 PM(UTC)
george4051

Hey Dick,

I had a chance to work on the washer and was able to get the pulley/clutch off to inspect. After removing the 4 small bolts holding down the plastic cover, I noticed one end of the clutch spring retaining coil (assuming it's the silver metal piece wrapped around the inside like a band) had broken off. If I remember from your earlier post, if this is the case then the pulley/clutch has to be replaced, correct?
dh1200s  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:00:50 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Some folks have reshaped the end of that stainless steel large wrap spring with a torch and got it to work.

I would replace the whole clutch pulley. Use the $75 dollar one you can order from this site AP4310552

How bad is the rust on the One-Way Roller clutch bearings? Could you separate the parts from what I call the Spinner Shaft coupler form the bearing in white bearing plate of the Clutch Pulley?

If there is a lot of rust you may have a slight Tub Seal leak that may have to be addressed down the road if you decide to keep the machine. What are the first two digits of your serial number? Will be 10, 11, 12 up to 17……..Dick
george4051  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 3:32:50 PM(UTC)
george4051

Hey Dick,

I'm just going to order a new part rather than try to "rig" it. Not much rust on the One-Way Roller and none on the Spinner Shaft. Everything separated easily with signs of lubrication. The first two digits of the serial # is 11. I ordered the new part and it came today (Friday). I've put everything back together and now I'm running a load of towels. IT WORKED!!! Scared me a little bit as it stayed in the spin cycle for a little while. Thanks a lot Dick!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply