Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Elitemyazz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:09:46 AM(UTC)
Elitemyazz

Groups: Registered

purchased in 2006, called the recall number howeever, my model number was on off from being eligible, go figure.

So like most, I am getting the F-1 code for this model.

Any help on part numbers, troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thank you all!

Signed,

Elitemyazz ;)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

vici  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 6:45:02 AM(UTC)
vici

I have been having this error code for over a year... NO appliance repair guys outside of Sears will fix it!
One guy suggested that I clean the screen filters on the water valves in the back... DONE... Nothing!
FIX ya suggested lifting the top off and making sure there wasn't anything Over under sideways down... around the tub... DONE... Nothing!

So here I stand waiting for the tub to fill past the 1 minute mark so I can stop pressing STOP and GO.

In other words, unless you bought the Extortion Package, oops I mean extended warranty... Good Luck.
Elitemyazz  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 6:49:25 AM(UTC)
Elitemyazz

My wifes washer is still limping along with the F1 code, but she is able to wash...I'm just waiting for it to die.

Lesson learned, no more Kenmores for us, or computer based products...Perhaps keeping it simple is the way to go. The more technology, the more problems.

Thanks for your reply and good luck to you as well

Originally Posted by: vici Go to Quoted Post
I have been having this error code for over a year... NO appliance repair guys outside of Sears will fix it!
One guy suggested that I clean the screen filters on the water valves in the back... DONE... Nothing!
FIX ya suggested lifting the top off and making sure there wasn't anything Over under sideways down... around the tub... DONE... Nothing!

So here I stand waiting for the tub to fill past the 1 minute mark so I can stop pressing STOP and GO.

In other words, unless you bought the Extortion Package, oops I mean extended warranty... Good Luck.
shaestallings  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:05:53 PM(UTC)
shaestallings

Our kenmore unit was doing the samething. I purchased a control module on ******** and changed myself for less than $100.00. Now we have a problem will the tub shaking. Repair person I called thinks the tub weight is incorrect or the bottom bushing in the tub is worn out or both. Hope to find out more next week. I will try to post results.
nickerson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:16:12 AM(UTC)
nickerson

there is not a recall but a free upgrade to the mother board u must call 18006597026 and they will ship out a new mother board
mzccee1  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 12:54:16 PM(UTC)
mzccee1

Originally Posted by: nickerson Go to Quoted Post
there is not a recall but a free upgrade to the mother board u must call 18006597026 and they will ship out a new mother board

thanks so much for posting. My machine just started having issues and i called the number you provided and they are sending out a new mother board plus a tech to come out and replace it. thanks
sbrack  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 10:17:20 AM(UTC)
sbrack

Originally Posted by: nickerson Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for your post, I just called the number you posted and my washer does qualify for the upgrade mother board.They set me up with a repairman to come out to install the part for FREE,FREE not $500 like the Sears repairman wanted. THANK YOU, THANK YOU ,THANK YOU.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply