Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NancyER  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:26:13 AM(UTC)
NancyER

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side model with the water and Icemaker come through the left side door. First the water stopped. Now, the ice stopped, BUT the icemaker is constantly making ice and won't stop. It overflows the bin and I don't know how to get it to detect the level. How can I 1) get the water & ice to come through door again, and 2) stop the ice once it fills the bin? Thanks!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:52:55 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Groups: Registered

There is an arm on the side of the icemaker that feels for the ice and when it touches ice it turns the icemaker off. Sometimes it is the flat arm will cut right into the ice and not cut off the icemaker. There is a curved arm that works better. Part number WR49X10103.

As for the water, it could be frozen in the door. Take the water connector loose at the bottom of the door and attempt to dispense water. If water comes out at that connector then the line is frozen. Leave the door open to thaw out the line and it should go back to work. This page tells more

GE Refrigerators Repair Guide
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply