Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DennisInMN  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 6:29:06 PM(UTC)
DennisInMN

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher didn't drain today. It makes the sound as if it is trying to drain but the water doesn't drain. I unhooked the drain hose from the sink pipe and let the dishwasher go through a drain cycle. Only a few drops of water came out. I'm not sure if the hose is plugged with something or if this is a mechanical problem.

I'm thinking I need to get at the drain hose where it attaches to the dishwasher itself. Then I can replace the hose and run it through the drain cycle again to see if there is a plug in the hose. Is this at all possible, to get a plug in the hose?

If the hose cannot get plugged then I assume I would need to take the drain apart to see if there is something plugging it up inside.

Given that the dishwasher sounds like it is trying to drain itself it seems to me that there must be a plug somewhere. I just wanted to see if my thinking is correct here and that I may not need to replace any of the parts, except maybe the drain hose if it can get plugged. Could the dishwasher still make the draining noise and still have some mechanical issues?

Thanks,
Dennis
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DennisInMN  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 7:32:07 PM(UTC)
DennisInMN

Ok, update to my situation. It would be a lot of work to remove the dishwasher to see if the hose is where the plug is at. One of the previous owners put down some new linoleum and put down a subfloor over the existing floor. So the floor that the dishwasher is sitting on is lower than the flooring in front of it.

I think what I will do now is to cut a hole in the garage wall to get access to the back of the dishwasher. What I was wondering is if someone can point me to a diagram of the back of the dishwasher so I know what parts of the dishwasher back I need to be careful around?

Thanks
DennisInMN  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:18:44 AM(UTC)
DennisInMN

Okay, so I took the drywall off in the garage and there is a wooden wall there. I did not expect that. I guess since it is somewhat of an outside wall I can understand it. I'm just used to interior walls I guess. So that plan has come to a halt.

Currently I am taking the dishwasher apart to see if there is something blocking it from draining. I have taken the bottom sprayer arm off and have gone down a few levels from there.

There is a gray circular piece that is about 1/2 inch thick with a top and bottom disc with vertical pieces every couple of inches running from the top disc to the bottom disc. This is as far as I have gotten and now I need to figure out how to get further into the pump as I cannot get this disc part off. Maybe it just takes more force than what I have used so far but I want to make sure that I don't break anything. :)

Thanks,
Dennis
DennisInMN  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:32:04 PM(UTC)
DennisInMN

Okay, so I finally figured out how to get to the drain hose through the access panel below the dishwasher door. I unhooked the drain hose from the pump and the sink. I then tried blowing from the sink end and could not get any air through the hose. Therefore, I believe that the hose is the problem here. I'm going to try and use an air compressor to blow the plug out. If that doesn't work then I suppose I'll just go ahead and buy a new hose.

My friend suggested using a snake, but I think that it might be a little to big to fit in the hose, as well as it might chew up the inside of the hose. But it is an option I can look into if the air compressor doesn't work.

Once I get the hose fixed then I'll have to get a new gasket for the pump assembly, as I started to take that out. As it turns out this is work that I could have saved myself if I could have found access to the hose sooner. Oh well, live and learn.

Dennis
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply