Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cegusa60  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:09:59 AM(UTC)
cegusa60

Groups: Registered

Looking for ideas on where to turn with a nagging drip I am getting from my water dispenser. I have scoured the internet and came up with some good information. I have replaced the water inlet valve along with a vaccum chamber type dispenser hose that is suppose to help with this exact issue, but no luck with either. I have painstakensly flushed the system numerous times to ensure all trapped air has been removed. What I get is a drip or two an hour that left un attended developes into a puddle that drips down the door. I have ran accross some additional information that suggests reverting back to an older style tank resevoir and adding some check valves. Thought before I "add" to the system, I would exhaust all normal repair type options.

Thanks...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:42:40 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cegusa60 Go to Quoted Post
Looking for ideas on where to turn with a nagging drip I am getting from my water dispenser. I have scoured the internet and came up with some good information. I have replaced the water inlet valve along with a vaccum chamber type dispenser hose that is suppose to help with this exact issue, but no luck with either. I have painstakensly flushed the system numerous times to ensure all trapped air has been removed. What I get is a drip or two an hour that left un attended developes into a puddle that drips down the door. I have ran accross some additional information that suggests reverting back to an older style tank resevoir and adding some check valves. Thought before I "add" to the system, I would exhaust all normal repair type options.

Thanks...

You've exhausted all the "normal" checks and repairs,that I'm aware of.

Time to install the tank and check valve.

Check valve part no. AP3844698(1/4") connection
AP4108190(5/16") connection
Tank/reservoir AP3181346 (not a tank/ tubing coil)

The check valve is installed on the exit tube, from the tank to the dispenser.

Good Luck :)
cegusa60  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:13:15 PM(UTC)
cegusa60

Thanks for the quick reply Joe, So it looks like the 5/16" check valve right after the tank and then the 1/4" right before going into the door correct? Also, I'm trying to get my head around two things. How does the check valve impact the issue? It seems that it would be a good thing having the water back up some creating a bit of a vaccum. And second, why would this work for years set up conventionally then then not? Scratchin' my head :confused:.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:35:51 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the quick reply Joe, So it looks like the 5/16" check valve right after the tank and then the 1/4" right before going into the door correct? Also, I'm trying to get my head around two things. How does the check valve impact the issue? It seems that it would be a good thing having the water back up some creating a bit of a vaccum. And second, why would this work for years set up conventionally then then not? Scratchin' my head :confused:.

Yes,

You have the location of the check valves correct.

Like any "check" valve, it allows water / air to move in one direction only.

There is an air pocket in the tank(normal) and water seeks it's own level, sometimes it "bubbles" into the tube and causes a drip.

You don't want a vaccum in the water system,and you don't want air in it either(air is not condensable) and will escape one way or another(the drip).

I don't know why it happens, they(engineers) could never explain it properly/satisfactorily.

Only other possibility would be, a drop in your water pressure to the fill valve connection(not likely).
:) :rolleyes:
cegusa60  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:04:47 PM(UTC)
cegusa60

Thank you for the explanation.
cegusa60  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:08:55 PM(UTC)
cegusa60

Joe, I just went to the parts search section to plug in the part numbers you recommended and noticed the part number you supplied for the reservoir is the coiled line type like I already have on my unit. Would I only need the connectors/check valves then or is this coil an updated version of some sort?
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:38:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, I just went to the parts search section to plug in the part numbers you recommended and noticed the part number you supplied for the reservoir is the coiled line type like I already have on my unit. Would I only need the connectors/check valves then or is this coil an updated version of some sort?

I apologize,

Got a head of myself.

No, the updated tech information , wants you to install a new tank.
But the check valves are correct.

Part number: AP3853368
Part number: AP3853368

:rolleyes: :)
cegusa60  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:37:53 PM(UTC)
cegusa60

I recieved the replacement parts to do the install but there are no directions with the replacement tank. Does it matter which one of the lines are considered the inlet to the tank. I guess looking at the replacement, when mounted it appears that there is a high and a low side. Would the line coming out of the high side of the tank be considered the outlet or vice versa?

Thanks

Chuck
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 6:45:53 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I recieved the replacement parts to do the install but there are no directions with the replacement tank. Does it matter which one of the lines are considered the inlet to the tank. I guess looking at the replacement, when mounted it appears that there is a high and a low side. Would the line coming out of the high side of the tank be considered the outlet or vice versa?

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck,

It's vice versa, the high fitting is the water inlet to the tank,from the filter.

The lower fitting is the outlet from the tank to the dispenser.

Don't forget to install the check valves on the outlet of the tank and at the tube going into the freezer door hinge.

Later
:) :) :)
cegusa60  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 9:59:26 AM(UTC)
cegusa60

Thank you Joe.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply