Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbudka  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:46:28 PM(UTC)
cbudka

Groups: Registered

The unit stopped heating about 3 months ago. I was told that I need a new magnetron p/n WB27X10682. I can ge the part from appliancepartspros.com I need installation instructions/advise. Can anyone help? Please advise. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:53:03 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

It's pretty easy, remove the 4 torx screws from the back, remove the cover, and your mag tube is right there.
cbudka  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:57:29 PM(UTC)
cbudka

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
It's pretty easy, remove the 4 torx screws from the back, remove the cover, and your mag tube is right there.

Is there anything I need to know from an electrical perspetive? I heard the magnatron can still hold electricity even though the unit is unplugged. Any advice there? Or am I overcomplicating it? Is it as simple as pulling the old one out and popping the new one in?

Also, is there anything I should look or inspect to determine if I actually need to replace the whole unit? I dont want to buy htis and not have it work. Everything works on the unit at this point but the heat. Thanks.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:04:52 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

The only thing you would want to do is discharge the capacitor, get 2 screwdrivers, put one one each terminal of the cap and touch the screwdrives metal shafts together, after that, there is no dangers. If everything works, just wont heat, chances are real good the mag is bad. You may need the diode as well WB27x10687. As far as changing the mag, yes you just take the old one out and put in the new one. Transfer the thermal cutout from the old one to the new one, a small round device that screws to the top of the mag tube.
cbudka  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:14:27 PM(UTC)
cbudka

Is a magtube the same as a magnatron?
cbudka  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:16:12 PM(UTC)
cbudka

The only thing you would want to do is discharge the capacitor, get 2 screwdrivers, put one one each terminal of the cap and touch the screwdrives metal shafts together, after that, there is no dangers. If everything works, just wont heat, chances are real good the mag is bad. You may need the diode as well WB27x10687. As far as changing the mag, yes you just take the old one out and put in the new one. Transfer the thermal cutout from the old one to the new one, a small round device that screws to the top of the mag tube.

What does the capacitor look like? Do you have a p/n so I can referance it on the www?
abadfish66  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:44:45 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

WB27x10011 is a capacitor part#. If you go to geappliances.com, goto genuine parts and enter your model# you can get the parts breakdown. the image is not available here for some reason. But it is silver oval shaped and the transformer wires and diode connect to it. it is located to the right bottom of the magtube (magnetron) :)
abadfish66  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:46:01 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

I forgot, you need a t20 safety torx bit to remove the screws in the back. It's a torx bit with a hole in the center.
repairgarcia  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:25:35 AM(UTC)
repairgarcia

I also have GE Microwave that won't heat. Everything seems to appear to be working, but it just won't heat. There is a little burn smell coming out when I attempt to use it. The Model is JVM1660SB 003 and the serial ZV914480S. Do I need to change the diode and magnetron as well? abadfish66, you are the man!!!
abadfish66  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:35:03 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Repairgarcia...Yup, definatly need the mag and diode, although your methid of fixing is going to be alot different than the one posted above. I could walk you through if you want to tackle this yourself.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply